[Suggestion] Chef priority list

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

simon_conduit
level0

[Suggestion] Chef priority list

Postby simon_conduit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:07 am

Through extended play I've noticed that despite food being ready to serve and Eat on the regime about to pop the Chefs still prioritize less important tasks (loading fridges, throwing out garbage, etc) over actually serving the food. Either access to a priority list for the staff would be handy, or at least let the sensible actions take precedence.
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am

Yyepp... +1
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:54 am

yeah, the chefs especially need a good slap to get their priorities straight. When the prisoners are milling around waiting for food to be served I don't expect you to be walking across the prison to grab some more ingredients you won't be using for 6 hours.

I'd also like to see them not-use serving tables that are not in a designated canteen area. There's no point to it, prisoners won't eat from them and it means that you can't have any serving tables outside the canteen else the damn chefs will put food on it. Even if you lock the doors they'll get "stuck" trying to put food on it when they can't.
perryliu97
level2
level2

Postby perryliu97 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Person012345 wrote:I'd also like to see them not-use serving tables that are not in a designated canteen area. There's no point to it, prisoners won't eat from them and it means that you can't have any serving tables outside the canteen else the damn chefs will put food on it. Even if you lock the doors they'll get "stuck" trying to put food on it when they can't.

That's interesting.
I've got 3 serving tables in the same canteen and prisoners all go for the closest one. The food automatically teleports from the other 2 serving tables and onto the the prisoners' plates.

You know what? It'd be great if the chefs AND workers can bring the food to the kitchen, depending on who's available.
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:56 pm

+1
simon_conduit
level0

Postby simon_conduit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:04 pm

perryliu97 wrote:
Person012345 wrote:You know what? It'd be great if the chefs AND workers can bring the food to the kitchen, depending on who's available.

I can get behind that too. Heck, prisoners drag their lazy butts out there to grab the food when working (although they generally then try to escape, but that's neither here nor there >_>)

Return to “Community Members”