[suggestion] extra objects

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Smiling Eve
level1
level1

[suggestion] extra objects

Postby Smiling Eve » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:53 pm

I'm missing computers and all the good things and trouble they bring. We're living in the era where internet can't be skipped from society.

There are more than one ways to implement computers: office only/staff only, library, minimum security only and so on. I don't have a preference for either one of the implementations.
Smiling Eve
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:01 am

I'm not sure what you're suggesting beyond 'having computers', which are already on office desks.

BUT, to hijack your post, perhaps computers in offices can breakdown occasionally and/or require maintenance. When broken, the affect staffer can't do their job/research...
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:26 am

paktsardines wrote:I'm not sure what you're suggesting beyond 'having computers', which are already on office desks.

BUT, to hijack your post, perhaps computers in offices can breakdown occasionally and/or require maintenance. When broken, the affect staffer can't do their job/research...

Kinda like it if research becomes an ongoing thing instead of something you do once and then forget about. Seems a reasonable job for your workers to be doing.
Smiling Eve
level1
level1

Postby Smiling Eve » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:07 pm

The computers are now sitting and doing nothing. They're part of the desk.

Computers can be so much more: contact with family, recreation, rehabilitation, study, a way to find bomb recipes, finding inspiration for ways to escape, if you're innocent a way to redeem yourself and so on. It's just an idea, I don't know how workable it is.
perryliu97
level2
level2

Postby perryliu97 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

I feel like the research system should be something like Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, where you can put funds into certain groups and get different items and tech as a result. That would help with replayability, as well as give the devs reason to add in hundreds of random items that some players want.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Smiling Eve wrote:a way to find bomb recipes, finding inspiration for ways to escape

Those would be blocked.
henke37
level2
level2

Postby henke37 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:51 pm

Yes, of course. With high quality blocks that has no false negatives and know of every single page about the topics. Of course, skilled people could bypass the blocks anyway.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:52 pm

henke37 wrote:Yes, of course. With high quality blocks that has no false negatives and know of every single page about the topics. Of course, skilled people could bypass the blocks anyway.

Maybe in real life but this is a game we're talking about.
peardude
level1
level1

Postby peardude » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:14 am

Maybe being able to hack into the computers can be a trait some prisoners have, like destructive, theft, pettey, etc. already is in the game.
killerx243
level1
level1

Postby killerx243 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 am

peardude wrote:Maybe being able to hack into the computers can be a trait some prisoners have, like destructive, theft, pettey, etc. already is in the game.

I thought there was hackers in my prison now?
peardude
level1
level1

Postby peardude » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:48 am

killerx243 wrote:
peardude wrote:Maybe being able to hack into the computers can be a trait some prisoners have, like destructive, theft, pettey, etc. already is in the game.

I thought there was hackers in my prison now?

They are, but it isen't actually counted as one of there traits, just there sentances, wich are related, but if a prisoner has the trait of hacker, wich could b eone of his sentances, he would hack the computers for helping him with his evil plan.

Return to “Community Members”