Riot Guard Very Weak

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

berke1100
level1
level1

Riot Guard Very Weak

Postby berke1100 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello everbody, since the last uptade riot guards are very weak. I have 93 max secruity prisoners and they get riot in canteen and riot guards they dying. And also guards are very uber super weak prisoners get controband in canteen and kill my guards weapons must come!
mitchmann300
level1
level1

Postby mitchmann300 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:18 pm

The new update has just made getting weapons easier for the prisoners and since you have so many with so many weapons only 6 guys with bats don't stand a chance.
Garnasha
level0

Postby Garnasha » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Well... the prisoners have forks. Knifes if they can get into the kitchen. Riot guards are supposed to have knife-proof vests. They'll still get mobbed, of course, but weapons should not be that big a factor. Regarding the mobbing... The only things I can think of is calling in the army (not necessarily crazy if you are a high security facility) or being able to send in lots and lots of riot guards. Even so, the door is a chokepoint so all you can do is probably starving them out unless they surrender, which would need a whole mechanic of its own.
MasterEggplant
level1
level1

Postby MasterEggplant » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Garnasha wrote:Well... the prisoners have forks. Knifes if they can get into the kitchen. Riot guards are supposed to have knife-proof vests. They'll still get mobbed, of course, but weapons should not be that big a factor. Regarding the mobbing... The only things I can think of is calling in the army (not necessarily crazy if you are a high security facility) or being able to send in lots and lots of riot guards. Even so, the door is a chokepoint so all you can do is probably starving them out unless they surrender, which would need a whole mechanic of its own.

The Army? Really....
The Army is for warfare between countries, or terror organizations and alike. Prisoners are a citizens, therefore a civil force handles them - riot guards in this case.
Anyway, riot guards are meant to be much much stronger than they are currently, I am guessing Chris just didn't know how to balance them properly yet with the new update.

I do agree a surrender mechanic should be present, I mean, you can just deny them food and what not - which eventually will force them to surrender....Then again it's inhumane an will raise a debate on it's own...
Sorenson
level1
level1

Postby Sorenson » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:06 pm

Looking through the data files, riot guards have 4x the health rating for regular guards and prisoners but some of the likely weapons used by prisoners (shanks, sheers, hammers, etc) are several times as powerful per-hit as the batons guards use and up to 4x as powerful in terms of damage over time. Get a few dudes with shanks and sheers (or a whooooooole buncha' dudes with forks and knives) and they'll pretty much eviscerate anybody who gets near them. You'd have to call in some riot squads with water cannons and teargas launchers to break them up at that point.
berke1100
level1
level1

Postby berke1100 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:19 am

Yes, Chirs should add wepaons in game urgenlty. Teargas, tasers etc. I've built 150 max sec. prison. And then they started a riot. Riot guards can't stop them. Always dying :P "They got knives." , "OMG run for your lifee!!."
perryliu97
level2
level2

Postby perryliu97 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:45 am

If the canteen's close enough to the kitchen, just get some firemen to spray water over the cookers!

If they don't die of electrocution, the fire should kill them anyway.

Problem solved!
berke1100
level1
level1

Postby berke1100 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:03 am

perryliu97 wrote:If the canteen's close enough to the kitchen, just get some firemen to spray water over the cookers!

If they don't die of electrocution, the fire should kill them anyway.

Problem solved!

OMG, this is amazing idea. Chris you don't need add exucation facility :D
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:34 pm

Sorenson wrote:Looking through the data files, riot guards have 4x the health rating for regular guards and prisoners but some of the likely weapons used by prisoners (shanks, sheers, hammers, etc) are several times as powerful per-hit as the batons guards use and up to 4x as powerful in terms of damage over time. Get a few dudes with shanks and sheers (or a whooooooole buncha' dudes with forks and knives) and they'll pretty much eviscerate anybody who gets near them. You'd have to call in some riot squads with water cannons and teargas launchers to break them up at that point.

Ahh, have you seen the guns? :D
With the sincerest regards,
111none

Return to “Community Members”