[suggestion] Deliverable blood/plasma

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Blood/plasma

yay
50%
nay
50%

Total votes: 52
commanderkai
level0

Postby commanderkai » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:09 am

HerrJoebob wrote:
commanderkai wrote:I think a more general "medicines" category would be better than something as specific as blood, but I do like the idea.

I also think, once prisoners are more fleshed out, that some prisoners have preexisting medical conditions that require some bit of medication daily.

That's actually quite a bit more interesting, but I have to wonder how it would serve gameplay... maybe if IV fleshes out the medical system it could be fun in some way?

Yeah, maybe even allow for a medical wing for a prison, having prisoners with serious medical conditions (AIDS, or cancer, or whatever) go through treatment while serving their time. Hopefully in return for the high expense, the federal grant for prisoners with severe medical issues would be twice the normal rate. But yeah, prisoners with say, diabetes, or high blood pressure, or diseases like psoriasis can be provided medication daily, and maybe even a new source for some contraband.
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:29 am

LordTaron wrote:This might add depth, but it also adds yet another delivery on the queue for your workmen to bring the product back from the delivery zone. I'm not sure that the benefit of depth would outweigh the additional tedium with blood/medicine deliveries. Doesn't really seem to be necessary or really beneficial enough to merit adding this.

Perhaps, depending on the number of deliveries, it would not be so bad, but it just seems like 'something else' that your guys have to do other than what you're building.

Maybe medicines and stuff for offices can be delivered every week and not everyday.
perryliu97
level2
level2

Postby perryliu97 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 am

HerrJoebob wrote:
commanderkai wrote:I think a more general "medicines" category would be better than something as specific as blood, but I do like the idea.

I also think, once prisoners are more fleshed out, that some prisoners have preexisting medical conditions that require some bit of medication daily.

That's actually quite a bit more interesting, but I have to wonder how it would serve gameplay... maybe if IV fleshes out the medical system it could be fun in some way?

Resource Management!

You need to decide between healing the injured or satisfying prisoners with conditions or addictions.

It's a balance between possible death due to further injuries, death due to condition, or riot due to drug theft.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:23 pm

Agreed! And I like the idea of weekly deliveries of medicines and office supplies, also. We need a regime per day of the week, not just daily, I think.
Axios
level2
level2

Postby Axios » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Spectre Incarnate wrote:

Agreed! And I like the idea of weekly deliveries of medicines and office supplies, also. We need a regime per day of the week, not just daily, I think.

+1
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:35 am

perryliu97 wrote:
HerrJoebob wrote:

Resource Management!

You need to decide between healing the injured or satisfying prisoners with conditions or addictions.

It's a balance between possible death due to further injuries, death due to condition, or riot due to drug theft.

"Ooh-ooh-ooooh, Mister Kotter!" - Arnold Horshack
How about death due to "Natural Causes". Maybe just old age? Some of those sentences are long...
freedomispopular
level0

Postby freedomispopular » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Resource management, if implemented properly, would be brilliant.

Along the lines of having preexisting medical conditions and whatnot, perhaps a "Medical" need should be added. Prisoners with preexisting conditions, prisoners who get sick (something else that could be added), or players with some kind of addiction (either preexisting or developed during their sentence) would need to go for a daily checkup, and if the proper facilities or capacity don't exist, prisoners medical need would increase. For added complexity, perhaps illness/disease could be transmissible, adding the dynamic of having to deal with outbreaks and quarantines.
onihonker
level0

Postby onihonker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 pm

perryliu97 wrote:As long as workers can handle the extra work.

Because they can't.

Not at all...

Suggestion: Add nurses to move medical supplies. They can not heal only maintain the ward change bed pans and stuff.

Nurses could be USD to bring injured persons to the infirmary.

Then the stupid doctors don't wander off into no man's land and will actually heal people.
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:18 am

I think +1 for general medicines/medical supplies AND adding nurses

Nurses should go and fetch the stuff from delivery like chefs do with the food.

I would also, like the others, love to see a more detailed medical system. i.e. spending time in hospital, e.g. hours/days etc. and general illness with the prisoners on occassion.

(the idea of the Theme Hospital 'epidemic' thing just popped into my head... god that was horrible)
perryliu97
level2
level2

Postby perryliu97 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:37 am

fat_wilf wrote:I think +1 for general medicines/medical supplies AND adding nurses

Nurses should go and fetch the stuff from delivery like chefs do with the food.

I would also, like the others, love to see a more detailed medical system. i.e. spending time in hospital, e.g. hours/days etc. and general illness with the prisoners on occassion.

(the idea of the Theme Hospital 'epidemic' thing just popped into my head... god that was horrible)

ATTACK OF THE SLACK TONGUE!

Return to “Community Members”