[Suggestion] Confirmation screen for "X"ing out of

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

NascgiGale
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Confirmation screen for "X"ing out of

Postby NascgiGale » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:58 pm

I like that the game works in windowed mode for me now (It didn't for whatever reason in Alpha 11), but I've missed the minimize button twice and found the game just quits quickly and quietly when you hit the X control. This is nobody's fault but my own, but it would be nice if that button called a confirmation window like some other applications do to make sure you really want to quit the game without saving.
jamesxmcintosh
level0

Postby jamesxmcintosh » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 am

I have also had this problem. Now I just play in fullscreen and Alt+Tab back to the desktop when I need to. It would still be nice to have a confirmation box in windowed mode.
Pogo
level2
level2

Postby Pogo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:06 pm

"Are you sure you want to quit? Any unsaved progress will be lost."

"Cancel"
"Save and Quit"
"Just Quit"

Would be a nice dialog pop up. The game should auto-pause as this dialog opens... and perhaps the dialog should also state how long it has been since the last auto-save.
Pingy
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Confirmation screen for "X"ing out of

Postby Pingy » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:30 am

Sorry to necro but this hasn't been done yet and it was either this or make a new and super similar suggestion. In addition to this I propose changing the main menu to say "Quit Game" or "Exit Game." Several times now I've hit that to exit the menu back into the game only to find the game is gone and I hadn't saved any progress. Luckily autosave has prevented me from being too screwed over by this, but just a few letters in a text document would be very helpful and not take too long to implement.

Maybe this is too different and I should make a new suggestion, idk.
kennelldm
level0

Re: [Suggestion] Confirmation screen for "X"ing out of

Postby kennelldm » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:46 pm

I too find this very very frustrating! The 'Exit' option at the end of the main menu to me should exit the menu and not the entire game. I have lost progress multiple times as a result. Something should really be done about this, it seems like a very minor change.

Return to “Community Members”