Prisoners set off Metal Detector but don't have anything? ?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

totalysexyguy
level1
level1

Prisoners set off Metal Detector but don't have anything? ?

Postby totalysexyguy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:06 am

My prisoners are constantly setting off the metal detectors, immediately searched, and there is nothing on them.

When a brand new prisoner is tagged by a detector, they usually have something and it is found/removed. All of my established inmates who set it off never have anything on them and are searched and released.

Is this a bug? has anyone else had this issue?
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:26 am

It's a new feature and it's in the patch notes.

I believe that the false positive frequency should be dropped. Since so few trips through the metal detector involve a prisoner carrying contraband, even a small false positive rate will end up with significantly more false positives than true positives.
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:57 pm

They might have a metal hip replacement or a prosthetic limb. Prosthetic limbs are great for smuggling. If the detector goes off, the "beeper" lifts his pants leg, and the guard gets embarrassed and lets him through.
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
VIPERGTSR01
level1
level1

Postby VIPERGTSR01 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:40 am

I like false positives but they don't seem all that rare. I have 57 prisoners and it will pretty much always give two false positives when they pass through to the canteen to eat.

I would like the false positives to be a bit more rare than that.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:23 am

VIPERGTSR01 wrote:I like false positives but they don't seem all that rare. I have 57 prisoners and it will pretty much always give two false positives when they pass through to the canteen to eat.

I would like the false positives to be a bit more rare than that.

Agreed, but that's a game balance issue that can/will be addressed post-alpha.

Return to “Community Members”