Steam update

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

rip4ever
level1
level1

Steam update

Postby rip4ever » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm

Anyone have any insight into how long of a delay there usually is before steam updates with the new release?
MagnesiumDew
level1
level1

Postby MagnesiumDew » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:36 pm

Mines already updated
Dynamite874
level1
level1

Postby Dynamite874 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:43 pm

Exit steam and re log.
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Crap, last update mine lists is alpha 11, I even restarted steam.

Does it actually list Alpha 12 in updates or just the game updated? I haven't started it because the latest update still lists alpha 11.
rip4ever
level1
level1

Postby rip4ever » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm

OK started it and it was Alpha 12, just threw me off because the update news didn't list it yet. Must have downloaded it before I got on the computer.

Now to hurry up with my work so I can play.

8)
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:54 am

May I ask a related question? I have my auto update on Steam turned off because I use Additional Grants mod (manually installed). Do I need to remove the mod folder before allowing the update? I am fine with starting a new prison if needed.
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:39 am

For some games steam seems to simply ignore that setting...

I must have set it 30+ times for Skyrim as most every update broke one or more mods... Every time I set it, it would look like it was holding till I came back and logged in the next day. Then when I checked it would be back on auto update. I opened bug tickets, complained, etc. to no avail.

I finally gave up and just manually saved a copy of skyrim.exe so when they randomly stomped on it I could just put the version I liked back until the mod community caught up and I was ready to upgrade to the new version on MY schedule... P.I.T.A. but it worked.

---

As for additional grants, the 11 compatible version works fine with A12 but the text for the contraband button is odd because that button does not exist in the .cfg file from A11. Button works just fine, just the text label is not correct. Other than that I have seen no downside.
Spectre Incarnate
level2
level2

Postby Spectre Incarnate » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:45 am

dc4bs wrote:For some games steam seems to simply ignore that setting...

I must have set it 30+ times for Skyrim as most every update broke one or more mods... Every time I set it, it would look like it was holding till I came back and logged in the next day. Then when I checked it would be back on auto update. I opened bug tickets, complained, etc. to no avail.

I've heard about how some people have had problems with that setting. That's really odd and I'm sorry that you have that issue. Neither me nor my husband have ever had a problem. Can't think of what we would be doing differently? We both use Windows 7 PC with Steam installed to our largest gaming drive. Whenever we subscribe to or install any mods, we make sure to right click the game name on the Library list in question and go to Properties > Updates tab > Do Not Automatically Update This Game > Close. It never reverts back until we reset it. Oh and if there are multiple titles or expansions listed, we also make sure to set those the same just in case. For example, Titan Quest and Titan Quest:Immortal Throne are both set to never auto update because I have the fan patch installed.

Anyway, thanks for the info on the grants mod. I'll make a backup and then see if it works.
dc4bs
level1
level1

Postby dc4bs » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Spectre Incarnate wrote:
dc4bs wrote:For some games steam seems to simply ignore that setting...

I've heard about how some people have had problems with that setting. That's really odd and I'm sorry that you have that issue. Neither me nor my husband have ever had a problem. Can't think of what we would be doing differently? We both use Windows 7 PC with Steam installed to our largest gaming drive. Whenever we subscribe to or install any mods, we make sure to right click the game name on the Library list in question and go to Properties > Updates tab > Do Not Automatically Update This Game > Close. It never reverts back until we reset it. Oh and if there are multiple titles or expansions listed, we also make sure to set those the same just in case. For example, Titan Quest and Titan Quest:Immortal Throne are both set to never auto update because I have the fan patch installed.

Anyway, thanks for the info on the grants mod. I'll make a backup and then see if it works.

I'm on Win7 pro 64bit. I don't think which drive steam is on would be a factor but the OS might be. Or maybe some other program affecting the registry or any number of other things. Sigh... ;)

Return to “Community Members”