Work Suggestion

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

What do you think?

Best idea I've ever heard
90%
This idea is fucking stupid
10%

Total votes: 10
manlymeatman
level1
level1

Work Suggestion

Postby manlymeatman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:18 pm

My idea is that what if having prisoners working could result in injuries, like in the workshop they cut themselves on the saw or smash their hand on the press. Not really sure what could go wrong with laundry but they could burn themselves in the kitchen and maybe machines could break down and require maintenance. If you have prisoners working in the kitchen, the downside to having free cooks is that the fridge and cooker need maintenance more often.
Last edited by manlymeatman on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Last edited by acegamer08 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
manlymeatman
level1
level1

Postby manlymeatman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:33 pm

yeah i wasn't expecting them to be implementing it soon, its kind of a meaningless change, having prisoners get injured or machines needing maintenance would barely affect gameplay if at all
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:26 pm

acegamer08 wrote:a little late for suggestions considering the next alpha will be out in under an hour (or at max this time tomorrow)

Why do you make this assumption? There seems to be some evidence supporting you, but (to be tautological about it) the alpha won't be out until it is out, and that will happen whenever Chris decides that the current development version is ready for release. It is entirely up to him, and since he hasn't actually said anything on the topic in the last several days, it looks like you are claiming to have knowledge that you simply don't have.

manlymeatman: I like it, and I think that many of the mechanics are already there. For instance, prisoners can break equipment during a riot, so there is already a damage system in place, and people can already get injured, so there is already an injury system in place. I am speculating, but it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to add a couple of loops that cause machines to break at random (say a couple percent damage at a time, with some kind of underlying Poisson process governing things), nor to accidentally injure prisoners. I also kind of like the idea of workout benches causing injury (YOU NEED A SPOTTER, NOOB!).

xander
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:33 pm

xan you fucker
Last edited by acegamer08 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm

acegamer08 wrote:you just stated "there seems to be some evidence supporting you"...I think that speak for itself...fact (evidence) is there is a release around this time every month.

Past results do not indicate future performance. The fact that releases have come at the end of the month in the past doesn't imply that they will continue to come at the end of the month in the future.

acegamer08 wrote:Im not claiming to have knowledge,

You made a declarative statement: "...the next alpha will be out in under an hour (or at max this time tomorrow)." Such a statement implicitly makes a claim of knowledge.

acegamer08 wrote:your claiming im an idiot....

Please show me where I did so. I had no intention of calling you an idiot. Normally, when I want to call someone an idiot, I say something like "You are an idiot." Since I didn't do that, I am not sure what you mean. However, if you think that I implicitly called you an idiot somehow, I am sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I felt that you were making an unfounded assertion which could serve to confuse people into thinking that you represented the developers or had some inside knowledge that you clearly do not have. I was trying to clarify issue.

acegamer08 wrote:I stated "so if its not already in, it will have to wait a month (at least)"

I made no comment on that part of your statement.

acegamer08 wrote:xan read ALL of my post, and do a little thinking, and you wouldn't need to fuck with me about a simple statement

I am not "fucking with you." It is you that has decided to take offense.

xander
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 pm

fu
Last edited by acegamer08 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:35 pm

acegamer08 wrote:if they don't follow through with their "once a month" statement, that would look bad for them (I'm not talking about the end of their company bad...I just mean some people will not trust them as much, and may not believe them or buy from them in the future...if you are familiar with eversim you know what I mean)

[citation please]

The only statement I see regarding a release schedule is
Chris Delay wrote:We can’t say for certain how often we will be releasing new alphas, but it should feel pretty regular. Probably somewhere between two and four weeks between each update is what we will be aiming for, and as we proceed we will learn more about that process.

(source)

So far, they have released about once a month (closer to once every 4 weeks than once every two weeks). However, note that they have never promised to release on any particular schedule.

acegamer08 wrote:max this time tomorrow...yes within 24 hours they will have to (unless they don't want to screw with their fan base) put out the next alpha...how do I know that, well you see tomorrow is the last day of the month, if you will notice their "once a month" statement...it would have to come out at that time, in order for them to not come off as liars.

Please show me where Chris ever said that there would be one release every month. He has always been nebulous about a release schedule, and has never promised anything. Any fan that accuses him of lying is simply not paying attention. Anyone who feels that not releasing a new alpha in the next 24 hour constitutes a "screwing of the fanbase" is not paying attention.

acegamer08 wrote:you think I am making an unfounded assertion ... my assertion has been founded (so to speak) by all of the last alpha releases...can you tell me when iv went more than a month without a release???? I would really like to know...but until you prove that that's true (I don't think it is) my statement is valid.

As I said, past results do not predict future performance. Yes, IV have been releasing monthly updates. That has been nice. That doesn't mean that they will keep it up.

acegamer08 wrote:I stated "so if its not already in, it will have to wait a month (at least)"
xander wrote:I made no comment on that part of your statement.

so you agree with me on that...odd (knowing how you are and all)

What is there to disagree with?

acegamer08 wrote:yea I take offense....every part of my statement is backed up by fact...

It isn't. I have cited the appropriate comment from Chris. Your comment is pure speculation based on the past release schedule (unless you can provide a citation?).

xander
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:39 pm

fine Xanax...
now go fuck yourself
Last edited by acegamer08 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:40 pm

acegamer08 wrote:fine Xanax... they will never release another update....is that fine with you

That isn't what I said, and you know it.

acegamer08 wrote:now go fuck yourself

My, my. Someone is very thin skinned.

xander
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 pm

fu
Last edited by acegamer08 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 pm

acegamer08 wrote:but I still say (and have many many alphas to back me up on this) they will release within the next 27 hours and 15 mins.

no need to open your sorry ass mouth and say (type) a word

Can I instead? Nah, too easy. :)

What was this thread even about?
GC13
level2
level2

Postby GC13 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Good grief, I need to defend xander. What is the world coming to? :roll:

The last two alphas have come out about five weeks after the previous release. Since they're trying to do monthly releases, and thirty-five days is about one month, then even if we had to wait until Monday on the fifth of August then they'd still be within their historical and stated release schedule.

Good grief, some people. :roll:
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 pm

HerrJoebob wrote:What was this thread even about?

This thread is all about a rather nifty suggestion that there be more interaction between prisoners and the environment (i.e. machines break down, prisoners are injured by machines). Sorry for the derailment. I am certainly largely responsible for that.

xander
Acreyzek
level1
level1

Postby Acreyzek » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:09 pm

HerrJoebob wrote:
Can I instead? Nah, too easy. :)

What was this thread even about?

I agree this thread go de-railed faaaaar too easy

Let me use my excellence to suggest that we stay on 'Le' topic

-Joking, i don't have any higher excellence than anyone in this forum

Return to “Community Members”