[Suggestion] Sandbox

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Sandbox

Hell yea
77%
Nah
23%

Total votes: 44
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Sandbox

Postby SowCrazy_ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello Architects,

Wouldn't it be nice to have some sort of Sandbox in the game?

I "made" one myself here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =163889238, becouse it isnt in the game. (Yet?)

Who else wants to see this coming?
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:36 pm

So...just how do we go about downloading the file for this, and in what folder do we place the save file? I really need to explore the possibilities of the Steam workshop, as I have a prison I want to share.
Steve

Member of the Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

http://www.ww1aero.org.au/
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Check Six wrote:So...just how do we go about downloading the file for this, and in what folder do we place the save file? I really need to explore the possibilities of the Steam workshop, as I have a prison I want to share.

Just subscribe a prison.

And in the game you can go to workshop and choose a save file and say uplaod it to the workshop.
Tobias2189
level1
level1

Postby Tobias2189 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 pm

Check Six wrote:So...just how do we go about downloading the file for this, and in what folder do we place the save file? I really need to explore the possibilities of the Steam workshop, as I have a prison I want to share.

All you do is hit subscribe and you are done. Nothing else.
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Ok. So I subscribed. I have yet to play it so I don't know what this "no utilities needed" bit is all about.
Last edited by Check Six on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 pm

Check Six wrote:Ok. So I subscribed, and it has added it into my PA folder as a prison I have subscribed to, but how do I "play" it? Do I need to enter under my Steam account and find it there somewhere? I couldn't locate it (such a noob!)

I also tried to upload my prison to the Steam Workshop, and it told me it failed.

I mean, I can make millions appear in a sandbox...I suppose I should just do that and save it.

You need to play PA with steam when you subscribed to a prison it downloads it to a folder.

To open these subscribed prisons you go to workshop in PA and load the prison you subscribed to.

Also you shouldnt have problems when uploading something to the workshop when you play with a steam account that has PA in your games list and play it trough steam.
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks. Got it now. But I DID have trouble uploading my prison. I tried it twice.

Yes I DID purchase PA through Steam and did not pirate it. Yes I do have a valid and current Steam Account.

Perhaps as it is near the end of the month, my internet usage may be "choked", but I don't think so...everything else seems to be uploading and downloading ok.

I'll try again in a few days. I really want to get some feedback my prison.

EDIT: So "no utilities" means that utilities is locked out in your sandbox? So you can just build it...it will never "work"?

HMMM.
Steve

SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Check Six wrote:Thanks. Got it now. But I DID have trouble uploading my prison. I tried it twice.

Yes I DID purchase PA through Steam and did not pirate it. Yes I do have a valid and current Steam Account.

Perhaps as it is near the end of the month, my internet usage may be "choked", but I don't think so...everything else seems to be uploading and downloading ok.

I'll try again in a few days. I really want to get some feedback my prison.

EDIT: So "no utilities" means that utilities is locked out in your sandbox? So you can just build it...it will never "work"?

HMMM.

Workshop is working just fine here.. I hope you get it working.

EDIT: No the toilets and lights and everything work without having to build generators and pumps and put pipes and powerlines in the ground.
Just a little bit crazy...
Check Six
level2
level2

Postby Check Six » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:38 am

Well, to tell you the truth, I really enjoy the challenge of putting in working utilities and running pipes and wires everywhere. I have two Cell Wings in my current prison, one for Max Security, one for Minimum Security (though segregation of the prisoners isn't quite working yet), and I am able to cut off power or water or both to either wing, and to separate cells within these wings. All these power switches and water valves run through the security centre for controlled access.

But thanks anyway, I did actually create my own sandbox with money. I did subscribe to your prison and may use it when I build another test prison.
Acreyzek
level1
level1

Postby Acreyzek » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:30 am

I somewhat agree that there should be a sandbox mobe built into the game, is shouldn't be that hard to code an option in the fans are making the maps themselves

Again, i think it would be a nice option to have but not necessary
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:32 pm

Huh? It's already a sandbox game, give or take the deathrow scenario. What are you lot on [about]?
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:48 pm

paktsardines wrote:Huh? It's already a sandbox game, give or take the deathrow scenario. What are you lot on [about]?

Well i would like it to see like the sandbox i "made" so you don't have to wait for money so you can just do whatever you want.
thekillergreece
level4
level4

Postby thekillergreece » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:50 pm

I thought that we ALREADY play in sandbox mode?(That after you finish the campaign)...
SowCrazy_
level1
level1

Postby SowCrazy_ » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:53 pm

thekillergreece wrote:I thought that we ALREADY play in sandbox mode?(That after you finish the campaign)...

Sandbox is something you can play without limitations and i think having no money to build something and wait for the right amount of workers and so on are limitations to do something.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Isn't this sandbox, in a way? Your only limitation is pretty much money, which can be easily changed yourself in the savefiles.

Return to “Community Members”