Coding free PA tips and tricks android app

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

killertudse
level1
level1

Coding free PA tips and tricks android app

Postby killertudse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:16 pm

Hey guys,

Im currently Worning on a free androide based app, containing many hints, tips and tricks.
It's going to be like a little unofficial prison architect handbook.

Now i need your help!

If you want to help, all you have to do is post all tricks/hints/tips you know about Prison architect.

The one who posts the most information, will have their name thanked inside the application.

/Killertudse
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:17 pm

killertudse wrote:Hey guys,

Im currently Worning on a free androide based app, containing many hints, tips and tricks.
It's going to be like a little unofficial prison architect handbook.

Now i need your help!

If you want to help, all you have to do is post all tricks/hints/tips you know about Prison architect.

The one who posts the most information, will have their name thanked inside the application.

/Killertudse

Will it also include a building calculator of any kind?

//Edit to expand my question:
If all it has are some tips and tricks, are you sure it's worth coding an app for? Why not just post them of the forum or create a webpage for it? An app that only holds tips, to me, is not an app at all. Therefor, I would not download it. And I'm pretty sure many agree.
killertudse
level1
level1

Postby killertudse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Its going to contain a lot of useful information, so its going to be like a little handbook:)

A building calculator?
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Hooray for all you android users, but I don't think this is going to be a good idea.. Unless of course everyone has an android phone.. Which I don't..
killertudse
level1
level1

Postby killertudse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 pm

laser50 wrote:Hooray for all you android users, but I don't think this is going to be a good idea.. Unless of course everyone has an android phone.. Which I don't..

Would make for iPhone too, but the program (Xcode) that you need to use when coding iPhone apps, is sadly only for Mac computers, and i dont own a Mac.
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:22 pm

killertudse wrote:Its going to contain a lot of useful information, so its going to be like a little handbook:)

Sooo.... nothing you can't do in .txt, .pdf, .html
Why take the effort to build an app if there's much easier (and for this purpose; more suitable) ways
killertudse
level1
level1

Postby killertudse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:49 pm

iScripters wrote:
killertudse wrote:Its going to contain a lot of useful information, so its going to be like a little handbook:)

Why take the effort to build an app if there's much easier (and for this purpose; more suitable) ways

I understand what you're saying, but the app is going to contain a lot of Info in one place, so when playing you suddenly forget something, then its Way more simple to open up the app and check, than googling.

But yeah, I plan on adding more than just tips and tricks.
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:03 pm

killertudse wrote:
iScripters wrote:

I understand what you're saying, but the app is going to contain a lot of Info in one place, so when playing you suddenly forget something, then its Way more simple to open up the app and check, than googling.

But yeah, I plan on adding more than just tips and tricks.

For me personally, I'd rather alt+tab and Google anyway, but that may be because my phone is getting rather slow :P
Don't get me wrong tho, I do support your idea, not trying to get you from doing it. I myself code in PHP mainly, no experience with apk's, but if you need people to test it before release, let me know :)
henke37
level2
level2

Postby henke37 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:38 pm

Uhm, you could open an ordinary webpage on a smart device too. No need for an application.
killertudse
level1
level1

Postby killertudse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:28 pm

henke37 wrote:Uhm, you could open an ordinary webpage on a smart device too. No need for an application.

I am aware, however i did not ask for those comments, all i ask for is tips and tricks. I already have quite many tips, but the more the better.

I have planned out the application pretty well, making it easier than visiting web pages.
walkingsnake
level0

Postby walkingsnake » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:41 pm

killertudse wrote:
henke37 wrote:Uhm, you could open an ordinary webpage on a smart device too. No need for an application.

I am aware, however i did not ask for those comments

Why not? Is your goal not to create something useful for the community?

Why release a tips & tricks app for a game that's only in alpha? Do you plan to update constantly?
iScripters
level2
level2

Postby iScripters » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:42 pm

killertudse wrote:

I am aware, however i did not ask for those comments, all i ask for is tips and tricks. I already have quite many tips, but the more the better.

I have planned out the application pretty well, making it easier than visiting web pages.

Would you mind sharing your collection with me using Pm?
killertudse
level1
level1

Postby killertudse » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:59 pm

iScripters wrote:
killertudse wrote:

Would you mind sharing your collection with me using Pm?

Messaged you:-)
Anoniempje
level1
level1

Postby Anoniempje » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I'd advise it to make it a HTML 5 app. Its not only platform independent, no one can ban your app and it's future proof.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:19 am

*sigh*. Why must everything be App-ified... If it was a web page or pdf it'd already be platform independent.

Return to “Community Members”