It needs to be easier to make money, the system needs tuning

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Pogo
level2
level2
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:54 am

Postby Pogo » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:05 am

paktsardines wrote:It's called 'planning' and it used to be in a lot of games as a key part of gameplay. It seems this generation wants spoon-feeding.


Which generation is "this" generation? Because I've been gaming since NES...


And overall, your comment is ridiculous. Especially given that your very next post is about the kitchen bug being a well-known bug that needs to be fixed. I don't even understand why you felt the need to insult me? For what? Pointing out an alpha flaw of a game that's in alpha? And... and alpha flaw that is part of the reason why beta tuning should be held off until beta...?


Like... I know some of the newer people to the forum get on the nerves of people like you who have apparently been on these forums since the beginning of time, and yea, repeated topics and points can get annoying... but what in the world...


You're insulting me by trying to lump me into some "generation" and trying to put yourself as a part of some sort of older, better generation (when I'm willing to bet that I've been around just as long, if not longer, than you in terms of gaming "generation") because of my comments on how you have to handle how the kitchen currently works... and then in your very next post you admit that the way that the kitchen currently works is bugged (which was most of the point of my entire post)...

How ridiculous.

An apology would be nice.
User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Postby paktsardines » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:27 am

I unreservedly apologise for incorrectly assuming you were immature than you actually are based on your comments.

NES? ha. Try:
http://www.bermuda.ch/balduin/blog/inte ... _small.jpg
sum0
level1
level1
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:41 am

Postby sum0 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:32 am



8==> TROLLALERT <==8
What's wrong with pen & paper?
Image

Another way of saying:
Why do almost every thread on this forum turn into a fistfight?
m_wellbring
level1
level1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Postby m_wellbring » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:59 am

sum0 wrote:Why do almost every thread on this forum turn into a fistfight?


Because the needs system requires some tweeking :wink:
cozmium
level1
level1
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Postby cozmium » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:39 am

m_wellbring wrote:
sum0 wrote:Why do almost every thread on this forum turn into a fistfight?


Because the needs system requires some tweeking :wink:


Yeah it's funny how I gave up reading my own thread, I see judging from the "i'm older and more experience than you with video games" arguments that have started to come in, it's not going in any particularly useful direction.
User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Postby paktsardines » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Or perhaps you're just not old enough to appreciate the direction it's going.
cozmium
level1
level1
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Postby cozmium » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:43 pm

paktsardines wrote:Or perhaps you're just not old enough to appreciate the direction it's going.


Or perhaps i'm older and wiser enough not to bother wasting time on immature biccering. Who knows! But not a bad attempt at trolling... for an Aussie ;)
NoOpen
level1
level1
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 am

Postby NoOpen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:36 pm

cozmium wrote:
paktsardines wrote:Or perhaps you're just not old enough to appreciate the direction it's going.


Or perhaps i'm older and wiser enough not to bother wasting time on immature biccering. Who knows! But not a bad attempt at trolling... for an Aussie ;)


I do not even like Pak, But you are so uneducated and immature I have to chime in.

Lets begin, Are you old and wise enough to know when you are being ironically stupid? Are you old and wise enough to understand the definition of bickering because that's what you are doing.

Also do you have any reason for your attack on Australia? Because I can list hundreds of reasons why your country is a hole and back them up with your governments documents.


@Pak Nice try I also like to look at websites/kickstarters from 2013 and pretend I used the object 30 years ago. But I mean if you actually did get one back then...What's your secret? I can still to this day buy a car cheaper than there original price. Lets not mention carts or the intellivoice.

Hell forget about the playcable lol
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:54 pm

sum0 wrote:Image

That is totally shopped. I can tell from the pixels. Also, there is a girl at the table. FAKE!

xander

EDIT: For the record, I agree with everyone that says that the economy needs balancing. In order for Prison Architect to be a game, it needs a balanced economy. However, I am basically willing to put money on the line saying that it won't get significantly changed until the beta phase begins (I live in Reno, and am aware enough of the odds that I don't ever gamble, but were I a gambling man...). Balance is a beta issue, and won't be fixed until then. This is not a value judgment that I am making, but rather an interpretation of the comments made by Chris in the past. Once again, those of you that are demanding that the economy be tweaked, you are almost certainly going to be disappointed.
cozmium
level1
level1
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Postby cozmium » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 am

NoOpen wrote:snip


You need to lighten up pal. I realise I haven't changed my profile to mention i'm English, and whether or not that would assuage your ill notions towards me I don't know or care. England and Australia have a historical rapport for 'ripping' in to each other, and I was very much aiming for that angle; sadly perhaps it wasn't obvious - not that it matters whether it was to you, but I hope Pak took it as water under the bridge rather than cry himself to sleep, as well as not doing well in the Ashes.

Incidentally, considering I haven't made my country obvious until now, how can you have had anything to say about it? Are you old and wise enoguh to understand the rapport than the friendly inhabitants of England and Australia mutually share? Calm down and take a break rather than fire off when you're talking without full information lad.
NoOpen
level1
level1
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:10 am

Postby NoOpen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:42 am

cozmium wrote:
NoOpen wrote:snip


You need to lighten up pal. I realise I haven't changed my profile to mention i'm English, and whether or not that would assuage your ill notions towards me I don't know or care. England and Australia have a historical rapport for 'ripping' in to each other, and I was very much aiming for that angle; sadly perhaps it wasn't obvious - not that it matters whether it was to you, but I hope Pak took it as water under the bridge rather than cry himself to sleep, as well as not doing well in the Ashes.

Incidentally, considering I haven't made my country obvious until now, how can you have had anything to say about it? Are you old and wise enoguh to understand the rapport than the friendly inhabitants of England and Australia mutually share? Calm down and take a break rather than fire off when you're talking without full information lad.


I never looked at your profile I know your English hence my comment, no my ill notions developed long before you uttered the word "Aussie". The English and the Soviets have a historical rapport that does not mean you like each other, As for the ripping in...Also wrong if you take sports out of the equation.

I toke it as neither a reason to cry or water under the bridge, just a immature child that needs to be educated. You deserve the ashes I mean it has been 120 years since you did anything noteworthy with it we still have 5-6 years before you even get close to that feat.

I had something to say about it because you do not exactly have to be a genius to find someones nation out. Rapport? Hah! We like your accent the rest of the world thinks its the same as ours but worse (I do admit people are very stupid to hate England and want to be a Republic but still watched everything royal). Old? Depends on who your asking, Wise? Also depends on who your asking. "A wise man thinks himself to be a fool and a fool thinks himself to be a wise man"

But your right I do not hate England I think it was said best in a movie I love "I don't hate England there just wankers we were colonized by wankers" I think it applies to Australia to.
User avatar
paktsardines
level5
level5
Posts: 1752
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am
Location: Australia

Postby paktsardines » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:00 am

What's your secret


No, I seriously had one. My rich uncle bought it for us three kids. He clearly had his finger on the pulse of technology.

We had 'Space Battle' and 'Soccer' on that thing. Later we bought a keyboard for it too - it had a very basic Basic language you could program in, and use it to hit each other with until our parents finally decided to buy a 8086 XT. Now it matches the onion on my belt.
cozmium
level1
level1
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:00 pm

Postby cozmium » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:13 am

NoOpen wrote:I never looked at your profile I know your English hence my comment, no my ill notions developed long before you uttered the word "Aussie". The English and the Soviets have a historical rapport that does not mean you like each other, As for the ripping in...Also wrong if you take sports out of the equation.

I toke it as neither a reason to cry or water under the bridge, just a immature child that needs to be educated. You deserve the ashes I mean it has been 120 years since you did anything noteworthy with it we still have 5-6 years before you even get close to that feat.

I had something to say about it because you do not exactly have to be a genius to find someones nation out. Rapport? Hah! We like your accent the rest of the world thinks its the same as ours but worse (I do admit people are very stupid to hate England and want to be a Republic but still watched everything royal). Old? Depends on who your asking, Wise? Also depends on who your asking. "A wise man thinks himself to be a fool and a fool thinks himself to be a wise man"

But your right I do not hate England I think it was said best in a movie I love "I don't hate England there just wankers we were colonized by wankers" I think it applies to Australia to.


I love Russians, been there several times. You certainly harbour a lot of hate in you, it's like someone hasn't bought you what you want for xmas. Judging by 'skateboarding' as one of your interests I can only assume you're actually 17 or so (chemistry balances it out a little, otherwise i'd assume 13 ish). Still, I don't like England (currently) - I've moved to Ireland until the tories are out again, but this could be getting too political for you. I'd love to know what you think I need education about, but at the same time, I just don't care for your petty biccering.
User avatar
Neddleson
level1
level1
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:44 pm
Location: Warwickshire, England

Postby Neddleson » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:09 pm

I actually think the opposite, the majority of my prisons are sitting on a heap of cash from workshops. For instance I'm on like day 24 in a prison with a workshop with 12 machines and a 9 hour work regime (for my laundry to work) and have almost run out of places to "beautify", even though it has 100 prisoners inside. Now there's about 50k just sitting in the balance that I don't know what to do with.

So if you ask me I think that income from prisoner intake should be more or less kept the same because its fine at it is (maybe a few small adjustments) but I think that workshops should be made more of a small bonus to profits rather that the main source of a prisons income.
GiantSpacePuppy
level1
level1
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:11 am

Postby GiantSpacePuppy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:47 pm

I agree that it is pointless to balance the economy at this point when features are still being added. However, it is still fun to discuss.

I like the current plan of having three distinct phases to the game. 1) The early game, where you have lots of spare money from the grants. 2) Mid-game, when you are building the services (laundry etc), and the prison is getting more complex and thus you spend more time planning and evolving rather than spending. 3) Late game, which is still a mystery to everyone I think.

I think too that right now, it is quite easy to make lots of money in the game. Remains to be seen how it will be balanced out, but I can see many ways.. for example, more running expenses from the infirmary (which is quite pointless right now outside of fights and riots.. no incentive really to keep doctors on the payroll). I think prisoners should get regular medical check-ups, and one at least when they come to the prison, and possibly before they are released, for example. No check-ups leads to epidemics, deaths, etc.. and then there's of course drugs.

Speaking of drugs, selling confiscated contraband to the black market could be a potential alternative source of huge income.. which in turn might lead to significantly higher risk of armed assault on the prison by criminals on the outside. An outside threat in general could add another layer of interesting unpredictability to the game.

I am also aware that all of this has most likely been suggested already several times over. At this point, everything has been suggested. It is still fun to speculate. Feel free not to participate in the conversation a second time.

Return to “Community Members”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest