[suggestion] Mobs should move slower

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

kabutor
level1
level1

[suggestion] Mobs should move slower

Postby kabutor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Each time I see 60 prisoners going to the Canteen, and all of them move trough a single space door at the same time (where I have the meta detector of course) I think that is a fault of the system, you should do as in real life, it has to be very slow, so I need to build two or three doors, forcing me to either expend more money on more metal detectors, or lax the security a bit.

:)

Edit: it seems only took 7 years since I register to do my first post :P
Pogo
level2
level2

Postby Pogo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:21 pm

I agree. Or... at the very least, with the mob crowding through that door so quickly, a guard should be very confused as to which prisoner exactly tripped the alarm.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Everything in the game is a sped-up version of real life. Building are built quicker, prisoners are released faster, and because of this the guard can see which of the 10 prisoners that just passed through the metal detector is tripping it.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Doesn't this happen already? I always see big logjams at the entrances...
kabutor
level1
level1

Postby kabutor » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:49 pm

HerrJoebob wrote:Doesn't this happen already? I always see big logjams at the entrances...

Yes it does go a bit slow, but I never see the need to use a double sided door on a canteen, or anywhere else.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:30 pm

kabutor wrote:
HerrJoebob wrote:Doesn't this happen already? I always see big logjams at the entrances...

Yes it does go a bit slow, but I never see the need to use a double sided door on a canteen, or anywhere else.

Interesting! How big are your prisons in # of prisoners? I usually have a 6 meter entrance to the canteen in anticipation of getting 200+ inmates and there's still jamups once enough people are in.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:05 am

Yeah, this happens already. Put double-doors in, or add more than one entrance to your canteen and the bottlenecks disappear.
hugeknight
level1
level1

Postby hugeknight » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:18 am

paktsardines wrote:Yeah, this happens already. Put double-doors in, or add more than one entrance to your canteen and the bottlenecks disappear.

ya but i think he was talking about the lack of bottle necking...which does sound wierd because it causes prisoners not be able to get to the food on time or something like that
kabutor
level1
level1

Postby kabutor » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:33 am

ATM the prison have 60 prisoners, and I don't see the need to do any kind of double door, yes they slow down a bit when they go through the door, but I never have the urge to do another door.

Not a big issue, you can think that is more a Beta problem than an Alpha problem

Return to “Community Members”