First impressions of the introduction (from a European)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

stoner7
level1
level1

Re: First impressions of the introduction (from a European)

Postby stoner7 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:32 pm

I'll ignore selis' anti-American and anti-Christian diatribe. I would like to state my opinion on the tutorial scenario.

The elements of building could have been presented without the Death Row scenario. That is, just build a cell block, including a foundation and utilities. This has all the construction elements of the scenario without the controversial elements of capital punishment. It would have been a more complete tutorial as well.

I live in Texas, the "killingest" state in the USA. That we Americans condone state-sanctioned murder is abhorrent to me. But that is a discussion for another time, another place.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:20 pm

stoner7 wrote:The elements of building could have been presented without the Death Row scenario. That is, just build a cell block, including a foundation and utilities. This has all the construction elements of the scenario without the controversial elements of capital punishment. It would have been a more complete tutorial as well.

They could have been, but IV have long stated that (a) the campaign will be fleshed out more in the future, likely providing a more extensive tutorial, and (b) IV clearly want the player to wrestle with their role in the prison system, and the role of prisons in society. With respect to the first point, see this short film---the tutorial should be part of the game, and is improved by being a part of a compelling scenario, such as an execution.

xander
Elkrazar
level0

Postby Elkrazar » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:07 pm

conquestking wrote:looks like a europoor cant handle the freedom, and the fact that we free americans can say what we want without being arrested, buy guns, and not be taxed heavily for fast cars.

You what, mate? :mrgreen:
snarst
level2
level2

Postby snarst » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:33 pm

conquestking wrote:looks like a europoor cant handle the freedom, and the fact that we free americans can say what we want without being arrested, buy guns, and not be taxed heavily for fast cars.

lol

edit: however the last one is debatable.
conquestking
level1
level1

Postby conquestking » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Elkrazar wrote:

You what, mate? :mrgreen:

snarst wrote:

lol

edit: however the last one is debatable.

Its called a displacement tax. http://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/1 ... uch_small/
Meanwhile in FREE gun toting America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpJvey- ... fQ&index=7
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:46 am

conquestking wrote:Its called a displacement tax. http://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/1 ... uch_small/
Meanwhile in FREE gun toting America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqpJvey- ... fQ&index=7

Cut the jingoism. It is unattractive, and makes you look stupid.

xander
conquestking
level1
level1

Postby conquestking » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:21 am

xander wrote:
conquestking wrote:Its called a displacement tax. http://www.reddit.com/r/cars/comments/1 ... uch_small/

Cut the jingoism. It is unattractive, and makes you look stupid.

xander

Just doing every American's duty. Can't let the OP say **** about America now, can we. Big trucks, big guns, big freedom.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 pm

conquestking wrote:Just doing every American's duty. Can't let the OP say **** about America now, can we. Big trucks, big guns, big freedom.

I'm an American. I do not consider it my duty to be an ass. Would you kindly shut the fuck up, please? You are making the rest of us look bad, and perpetuating a negative stereotype about Americans in general.

xander
conquestking
level1
level1

Postby conquestking » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:33 pm

xander wrote:
conquestking wrote:Just doing every American's duty. Can't let the OP say **** about America now, can we. Big trucks, big guns, big freedom.

I'm an American. I do not consider it my duty to be an ass. Would you kindly shut the fuck up, please? You are making the rest of us look bad, and perpetuating a negative stereotype about Americans in general.

xander

>rest of us

>implying millions and millions of Americans don't agree with me
>implying real Americans care what the world thinks
>implying I am doing anything but spreading freedom over the American invented internet

xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:14 pm

conquestking wrote:--==<snip>==--

Wow. You really are a parochial and ignorant twat, aren't you?

xander
Jelly
level1
level1

Postby Jelly » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:19 pm

Conquest, considering that almost all 11 of your posts mention 'guns', 'cars', and 'freedom', perhaps you should consider joining a more politically orientated forum to express your opinions?
SNJ
level1
level1

Postby SNJ » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:21 pm

To the creator of the thread, I don't mean any disrespect but [peter griffin] OMG WHO THE HELL CARES[/peter griffin]
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:11 am

Yes, yes, we are all so tragic individuals that we failed at being born in the US and choosing not to move there, although I think I might miss the excellent healthcare system we have over here, or the added safety that comes through firearm sales regulations as well as restrictions to our cars... I might miss the clean air that comes with being the world's forerunner in environmental protection or the general feeling of openness towards other cultures which can be quite interesting once you get to know them a little. Also, we can say what we want without being arrested too, and we mostly don't even have to fear being shot by the guy next door because he might not like what we say.

And I'm terribly sorry to bust another one of your bubbles - the largest part of the internet and indeed the one you are using to broadcast your opinion is the World Wide Web, which was actually invented by europeans: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_World_Wide_Web

I agree with you on the point that our system over here is not perfect, but the US isn't either. I for one am proud to be european.
peardude
level1
level1

Postby peardude » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:30 am

Science this seems to be going nowhere, i'm a giant fish and i'm proud of it.
WISD0MTREE
level1
level1

Re:

Postby WISD0MTREE » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:37 am

Stonehammers wrote:I am usually passive about some comments about Americans. But I am kind of offended by this as an American...

:roll: It is a little offending, but I've seen worse.

Return to “Community Members”