Option to have play with unlimited finances

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

poptart911
level1
level1

Option to have play with unlimited finances

Postby poptart911 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:07 pm

I really like the simulation built into the game. I think the economy in the game is fairly well balanced and provides a good challenge to the game. It's an important mechanic.

That said, sometimes I'm more in the mood for a casual game and I just want to build things. It would be nice if there was an "unlimited money" or "sandbox" mode that would allow me to just keep building without the slowdown of concern for cash. I'd like to be able to grab a large lot and go to town building a huge prison all at once just to see if it works. I wouldn't mind if this feature was an unlockable or an easter egg, but I think the game would gain some extra replay value and would be more attractive to casual gamers if there was a mode without money.

One of my childhood favorites (RollerCoaster Tycoon) had a mode like this, and I loved it because I could go crazy and build a giant park. I remember that after mastering the economy system in that game I did not want to spend hours on a single park just to get enough money to allow me to be creative. Similarly after building lots of prisons, I would like to be able to skip the financial challenge of the first part of the game and just build a prison.
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:39 pm

You can edit the save file to give yourself as much money as you want. Search the forum as a few people have posted info on what you need to change.
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:45 pm

Of course a creative mode also sounds pretty awesome
hugeknight
level1
level1

Postby hugeknight » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:52 pm

there will probably be a mod for this if it isnt implemented officially
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:03 pm

hugeknight wrote:there will probably be a mod for this if it isnt implemented officially

And, if not, modified save files can easily be distributed as "mods."

xander
viperwasp
level0

Postby viperwasp » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:24 am

I don't know if I am allowed to suggest this or not. But you can use any basic Memory Editor like Cheat Engine for example. It's extremely easy to change a value like current money.

Since this game is offline and not competitive I don't imagine it will be illegal or frowned upon to use such a program. But you can look more into that yourself.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:38 am

The save files are plaintext, so notepad is even easier.
jztemple
level1
level1

Postby jztemple » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:23 am

I've looked at the save game files (as mentioned above, it's in ASCII) and some things look pretty straightforward, although I am just scratching the surface myself. I'd be happy to help contribute to any brave and knowledgeable soul who wants to start a guide on save game file modding.
Bamwich
level1
level1

Postby Bamwich » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:27 am

jztemple wrote:I've looked at the save game files (as mentioned above, it's in ASCII) and some things look pretty straightforward, although I am just scratching the surface myself. I'd be happy to help contribute to any brave and knowledgeable soul who wants to start a guide on save game file modding.

:? :? :?

1. Open Save Game folder.
2. Double click on savegames folder.
3. Find your prison. Open with Notepad.
4. Cntl+F and put in the amount of money you have. Can't remember if the prefix is FUNDS.
5. Change amount to how much money you want.
6. Save file.
7. Reload prison.

Not that hard.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:24 am

Bamwich wrote:Can't remember if the prefix is FUNDS.

It isn't. "Balance" is about the best thing to look for.

xander

Return to “Community Members”