Video not displaying correctly

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

redvanares
level0

Video not displaying correctly

Postby redvanares » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:03 am

Greetings.

I bought the game today on Steam. However, the first time I tried to play it, it didn´t work correctly.

I am able to see the menus and options, but the characters and buildings simply aren´t displayed on the screen. Everything, except fo the menus and options are black or shadowed.

I tried to change the resolution, switch to windowed mode and safe mode, but nothing worked. Is there a solution for this issue I´m experiencing?

Thanks in advance
Bamwich
level1
level1

Postby Bamwich » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 am

context helps. so do screen shots and computer specs.
ReyalpCB4
level0

Postby ReyalpCB4 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:44 am

It seems to be a GFX issue

game runs fine but this is what i see

if i try and change the resolution this happens

System setup
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
AMD Turion X2 Dual-core mobile RM-72 2.10 GHz
4.00 GB DDR2
ATI Radeon HD 3200
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:22 am

Can you update your drivers and see if that helps? This is usually an OpenGL issue

Also, ATI - check Catalyst Control Center and disable Catalyst A.I. if its there. If its not, add Prison Architect to the list of game profiles and turn all settings to 'off' or application controlled
redvanares
level0

Postby redvanares » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 am

Bamwich wrote:context helps. so do screen shots and computer specs.

AMD A6-3400M
4 GB RAM
Radeon HD 6755G2
Windows 7 - 64-bit

I was getting similiar results to ReyalpCB4´s, but sometimes I´d see no image of the characters at all.

lonewolf40000 wrote:Can you update your drivers and see if that helps? This is usually an OpenGL issue

Also, ATI - check Catalyst Control Center and disable Catalyst A.I. if its there. If its not, add Prison Architect to the list of game profiles and turn all settings to 'off' or application controlled

I followed lonewolf´s tips on steam thread about this issue and it worked for me. I forced the AMD Vision Engine Center to use custom configurations for 3d graphics (since my driver does not give me option to turn off catalyst A.I.).

Now running like a charm.

Thanks a bunch.

Return to “Community Members”