[Sugestions] Sugestions Galore

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

clincha
level1
level1

[Sugestions] Sugestions Galore

Postby clincha » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 pm

Hello All,

I posted some of my ideas a while ago and thought I would update and add some new ones.

==Rooms=

*Prison Control room- First off the prison control room similar to the security room but from here a controller (a new type of staff) will direct and command all the guards, doors and medical staff. This acts as the eyes and ears of your prison and will call out to guards and give you options on what to do indirectly. E.g. they ask you if you are willing to accept a couple of overnight visitors from another prison while they do repairs. Alternatively they can direct guards to certain areas of the prison. This is explained in more detail later. (See controller)
*Armoury- This is where heavy weapons are kept, electric batons, shotguns, hornets nests and other high level weapons. All these weapons cost money to buy and can only be used by trained guards or riot guards.
*Farm- Some hard labour will do them all good. This farm will feed into other buildings or the produce can be sold raw. They can also have fruit trees, and maybe animals.
*Tailors- This room will be a room where you can assign prisoners to make clothes, a more valuable item than number plates but cost more to manufacture. The farm can produce flax for the tailor shop to make into clothes.
*Bakery- Fairly self-explanatory, the bakery will bake bread and either sell it to the market or send it to the kitchen to eat. They can also make nicer things. E.g. cake, lamingtons and deliciousness. There will be a fire chance with the ovens and bread knives as contraband. The farm can make wheat to be pounded and baked.
*A shop- The shop is run by minimum security prisoners only and sits on the road, the prisoners run the shop with help from a shop owner and shop assistants. This room will be a nice way of ensuring cash flow and can sell everything your prison makes, of course prisoners will be likely to bolt so beware.
*Loading Dock- This is a room where all the shipments come in, trucks will reverse into the truck dock, from there loading staff, a new staff, will unload it into a storage room.
*Prisoner loading dock- This is almost the same as the loading dock but for prisoners. Prison trucks, another new vehicle reverses into the dock and drops the prisoners and two outside police, the police will stay until all the prisoners are gone.
*Chapel- Room to satisfy the need for religion, this room needs pews, a lectern and a piano or organ.
*Classroom- Teaches the prisoners how to be good citizens. Reduces sentences and makes them more tolerant of other prisoners.

==Doors==

*Mechanical- The normal door that is in the game now, normal price.
*Electric- A door that needs electricity that can be opened from the control room. If the power cuts it will slam, hurting or killing anyone in-between it.
*Mechanical & Electric- This door can be opened by the control panel or can be opened manually by guards should the power go out.
*Change to the pathing so that only staff will path find through the staff doors, not prisoners and visitors.
*Outside gate- A (4 x 1) gate that opens for trucks to come in and be directed to the loading docks.
==New Walls==
*Kitchen wall- this wall sits between the kitchen and the canteen allowing the food to be put in from one side and taken out from the other.
*Super strong wall- This wall cannot be tunnelled under or be broken or damaged. Very expensive.

==CCTV==

*The normal CCTV can now be altered to not move or only look on a certain angle. However they will not see as far at night.
*Timed- These will come on a different predefined times set by the player or at a certain regime time ie. work. (power saver)
*Sensor camera- These turn on if they have a person in their area.
*Circular cameras- They will highlight a circular area around it, used for the middle of rooms.
*Laser Sensor- These sound an alarm if ANYONE goes through it, even a guard, all the other guards will respond.
*Infrared Sensor- These can look through walls and work well at night.

==Staff==

*Controller - Every time s/he gives an order a small box will appear somewhere on the screen looking like this.
The box will also tell you who is en route and will ask you who to dispatch before continuing.
There will be different colours depending on health of the guard and numbers depicting the distance of the guards. If one is really close, his name will show green and if there are enough officers close enough to the prisoner they will automatically be dispatched. Guards will also now stack up and wait on the required amount of guards before dealing with the situation, for example, if there is a fight between 2 inmates there will be a required amount of 3 guards to respond. The controller will give you a message saying “Code 1, inmates fighting in the Canteen. Bravo two is on scene requesting two officers.” You will then have to designate two guards to join (maybe more if you feel like it) and then press the dispatch button. All the guards that you dispatch will stop what they are doing and will respond (unless they are already responding to another scene). They will then arrive and break up the fight. After the fight breaks up, another box will pop up asking you what you want to do with them, e.g. solitary, lockup or more punishments. When they have been given the punishment they then go to the room and another box will pop up saying “all guards report to infirmary” where they will be healed. Once that is done the controller will also say “doctor requested in solitary 4” then you must dispatch etc. If a guard is in strife there will be a different code and the guard will fight until help arrives.
*Loading Staff- These guys will load and unload trucks from the loading bay to the storage, very cheap, very efficient.
*Hireable Riot Squads- You can buy these guys from the menu; they will not patrol but only respond to fights and riots. They stay in the armoury or security room.
*Maintenance- Fix broken things, maintain pipes, replace old systems. This is rather than builders doing it.
*Logistics- The life blood, these little guys run supplies around the prison, to where it’s needed.
*Nurse- Cheaper than a doctor but takes 5x as long to heal OR can only keep alive needs a doctor to help fix person.
*Executioner- This guy only comes around on special occasions and never shows his face, just before he executes someone he stands over the switch and just as he pulls it there is a black screen. The camera pans to the road and a black truck pulls away. You never see anyone die; I know that I am a bit touchy when it comes to death so this could help other players like me alternatively leave it in this one’s up to the developers.
*Chaplin- simply serves the religious need, works in the chapel gives people final rights etc..
*search squad- Four guys who remain in the security room doing random searches of cells and look for tunnels.
*teacher- teaches in the classroom.
*Sniper- Takes out a prisoner should he get too close to the edge, one shot to the leg will K.O the prisoner and will need to be taken to the infirmary or he will bleed out and die.
*CSI- These guys need to examine bodies and lockdown fight scenes until they figure out what happened and then the prisoners and the other dead can be taken to wherever they will go eventually. i.e you can’t punish anyone till CSI know what happened, otherwise freedom need reduces. (Maybe compost for the farms ;))
*Dogs- Search for drugs, contraband and stop prisoners from fleeing and fighting.

==Decorations==

*Flowers
*Darker Grass
*Pathways
*Long grass that can be cut
*Fencing to edge the pathway

==Loans==

*$10,000 loan, interest of $1,000 pay back $100 a day until $11,000 has been paid.
*$50,000 loan, $10,000 interest, pay back $1,000 per day until $60,000 has been payed back
*$100,000 loan, $50,000 interest, payback $5,000 per day until $150,000 has been payed back

==Utility bills==

*Electricity
*Water

==Game Mechanics==

*Prisoner contraband and money system. Prisoners will trade a knife for a shovel or drugs for an iron.
*A reset button in the menu. This button does the same thing as a save and then load would do.
*Jobs changed so that people do one thing until that is done. Example, people will saw the whole time people will move from saw to press the whole time and people will press the whole time(in regards to the workshop).
*Unable to break numberplates and uniforms.

==Other==

*Female blocks- Let’s not be sexist gents. A simple art change to some of the characters could suffice, maybe even go deeper and have separate female and male sections.
*Cell block allocation- Cell block A can have particular shifts so that they are asleep during the day and work at night, or even just alternate shower and eating with cell block B. You can also have guards set to particular cell blocks and search squads search certain blocks
*Refusal- Prisoners simply refusing to do work or certain tasks, maybe for a demand can be locked up or appealed to.
*Police deliver prisoners to the prisons or have an office near the prison and ask for you to have some overnight prisoners, for a premium of course…
*increase speed of prisoners with laundry baskets.
* A clean-up of the pathing system. I feel like a bit of a prick for bringing this up but I think that the pathing should be cleaned in the code to reduce lag. I think that there are some good lua coders in the community and your tips on how to achieve that greater system would be appreciated.
*More Items in common room. Letter writing table, foosball (table football) and magazines to name a few.
*A constantly updating page on the forums or on your website with info on what you are working on and videos explaining it to us. I liked the “what should we do next” on the developer forums.
Thank you so much if you’ve made it this far. Please comment on what you would like added and I will do my best to edit it in. Also feel very free to argue, these are my ideas and some may sound dumb to you and it’s cool if you want to tell me why you disagree.

Cheers,

Clincha.
Check Six
level2
level2

Re: [Sugestions] Sugestions Galore

Postby Check Six » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Some ideas have been discussed and presented before, some have not. Most are good ideas, and whether they can or will be coded in remains to be seen.

BUT....

clincha wrote:.......Please comment on what you would like added and I will do my best to edit it in. Also feel very free to argue, these are my ideas and some may sound dumb to you and it’s cool if you want to tell me why you disagree.

Cheers,

Clincha.

This is not a good idea. I sat down and read your entire thread, and commented on it. If someone makes a further suggestion, or suggests a modification to your suggestion, and you think it is a good idea, please don't EDIT IT IN to your thread. Leave it where it belongs...after your post. That way people won't have to re-read the entire post to see what is different from the last time they read it.

Also, if you add other people's ideas into your thread, it will appear to someone reading it for the first time that it is your idea. Keep them separate please. It's simpler.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 am

A lot of those ideas are already in the game. Those that aren't have been discussed at length previously.

Return to “Community Members”