Adding Maximum Security

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

wUndertUnge
level1
level1

Adding Maximum Security

Postby wUndertUnge » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:34 am

So after running a (near) flawless 48 man prisoner of medium security with a fully-functioning workshop, I decided I needed to add some risk to my prison. So I bought a plot of land and I'm going to add a maximum security wing. I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly, though, before I just start. So some guidelines:

1) Add a separate entrance with deployment for deliveries to a maximum security only delivery section.

2) Maximum security everything for a new prison that is still adjacent to my admistrative wing: kitchen, new canteen, new prison, new visitation room.

Anything else I should keep in mind? How many guards in general do you need.

Also, does switching out your prisoners status from min to medium to max actually change their behaviors?
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Postby Sildaekar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:49 am

Keep in mind the Canteen/Kitchen bug, the 120+ prisoner bug.

Also allocation of resources is going to be a pain in the tail, there is no need for a separate deliveries area, and no changing their status does not change their behavior.
wUndertUnge
level1
level1

Postby wUndertUnge » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:52 am

Sildaekar wrote:Keep in mind the Canteen/Kitchen bug, the 120+ prisoner bug.

Also allocation of resources is going to be a pain in the tail, there is no need for a separate deliveries area, and no changing their status does not change their behavior.

What are those bugs? I was going to do a separate canteen for my maximum security guys, but still attached to the kitchen. so basically one kitchen, two canteens.

Does min. security deployment really just mean minimum security? Not medium? I want it to be just for medium guys, but not maximum.
cool_guy_sly
level1
level1

Postby cool_guy_sly » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:34 am

Those deployment things currently arent fully up and running. They will only work when put in cell blocks. You cant have full segregation yet I dont think.
4folders
level1
level1

Postby 4folders » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:10 pm

The canteen/kitchen bug is where you can't have multiple canteens because one of them won't get any food trays and so the prisoners in that canteen won't be able to eat, hence a massive riot occurs especially with those short tempered maximum security prisoners. Unfortunately we don't know when this will be fixed either so for now you'll just have to cram all the prisoners into one big canteen and hope for the best.

Not sure what the 120+ bug is though, I never really get there because of the lag on my PC :/
wige
level1
level1

Postby wige » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:05 pm

The 120 prisoner bug is where prisoners stop fulfilling their needs once you hit that benchmark.

Also, note that if you have work enabled prisoners are randomly selected AFAIK and so you will have max security prisoners assigned to jobs. If the max security area is not connected internally to the prison, the prisoners will have to leave the prison to go to their work area, and once outside will escape.

Return to “Community Members”