Suggestion: Timestamps for save files

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Stymnus
level1
level1

Suggestion: Timestamps for save files

Postby Stymnus » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Name says it all I think. I have a save file list that is purely alphabetical, and no idea where my last save and the last autosave relate to each other.

Should be showing date/timestamps, and be able to be at least sorted by that info.
Sildaekar
level2
level2

Re: Suggestion: Timestamps for save files

Postby Sildaekar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Stymnus wrote:Name says it all I think. I have a save file list that is purely alphabetical, and no idea where my last save and the last autosave relate to each other.

Should be showing date/timestamps, and be able to be at least sorted by that info.

Completely agree!

Also the option to delete saves from in-game would be a great feature too. I have having to go through tons of folders just to delete some old saves.
wUndertUnge
level1
level1

Postby wUndertUnge » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:34 am

Yes, yes, and a millino times yes.
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:37 pm

The names tend to get a bit strange, I normally ensure that my current savefile is nr 1 by adding several zeroes/spaces in front.
Could also do something like "z *insert real name" -> "y *insert real name" -> ...

I'm not sure what's used for reading the files, but it's generally quite simple to sort by modification date. Very quick with DIR/stat in C, but I'm guessing its even faster with f ex boost::filesystem or whatever Chris is using
Felgard
level1
level1

Postby Felgard » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:57 am

Im in favor of this! :!:

im bad a naming save files and most of my save files usaly has names like "111"
"hjk" "kalle" "123"

Return to “Community Members”