[Suggestion] Tempereture/Aircon

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Adrian_Winters
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Tempereture/Aircon

Postby Adrian_Winters » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:16 pm

Will there in the future builds, Needs to keep cool/warm?

Not asking if theres seasons or anything, but some sort of weather system.
I'm thinking stuff like
Rain = guards patrolling outside might get sick? i dunno.
Hot day = Prisoners will want to seek shade or get lathargic. Geneterators outside might overheat?
Frosty = Frozen pipelines?

im just bashing these ideas out of my head. Thought it might be an idea for more excuses for the prisoners to rage about.
The Joker
level1
level1

Re: [Suggestion] Tempereture/Aircon

Postby The Joker » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Adrian_Winters wrote:Will there in the future builds, Needs to keep cool/warm?

Not asking if theres seasons or anything, but some sort of weather system.
I'm thinking stuff like
Rain = guards patrolling outside might get sick? i dunno.
Hot day = Prisoners will want to seek shade or get lathargic. Geneterators outside might overheat?
Frosty = Frozen pipelines?

im just bashing these ideas out of my head. Thought it might be an idea for more excuses for the prisoners to rage about.

Weather will most likely play into Prison Architect similar to how you've described it. Different locales and terrain will probably affect the weather changes quite a bit. Make a prison on a snow-covered island? It will obviously be cold. A prison in the middle of New Mexico? Damn it will be very hot.
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:31 am

yep, like it!
PullBackG
level1
level1

Postby PullBackG » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:35 pm

Interesting Idea! I can definitely see that coming into place sometime.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:53 pm

"There is nothing new under the sun." (Cicero, right?)

If you are "just bashing ideas out of [your] head," it is pretty damn likely that someone else has already had that idea. When posting a new topic, it important to communicate to the rest of the forum goers that you recognize this fact, and that you have made an effort to confirm that your idea is truly novel. As the search functionality on these boards is pretty abysmal, no one really expects you to find exactly the topic where such a thing has been suggested before, but we do expect you to try. We also expect you to read the stickied threads (they are stickied for a reason), and do some due diligence. Assuming that you searched and read the stickies, then a better way to start your post would have been something like this:

I had a nifty idea about how weather could effect the game. I searched the forums and couldn't find any topics about weather, and I didn't see anything mentioned in the sticked posts at the top of the developer forum, so this might not have come up before. Wouldn't it be peachy-keen if the weather (not seasons or climate, but weather) effected the game? For instance...

xander

Return to “Community Members”