intake

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

the.trav
level0

intake

Postby the.trav » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:19 am

So it seems that even with continuous intake switched off, the pool of prisoners to be delivered continues to tick up.

I am now in a position where if I open my prison up, I'm going to get 30 prisoners. I assume that number will continue to rise.

So far as I can tell that makes the game pretty similar to continuous intake, I was hoping for something a little more controlled
Kohlrabi
level0

Postby Kohlrabi » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:10 am

Wait until the next day at 8 am. You'll get a different, probably lower amount.
The Joker
level1
level1

Re: intake

Postby The Joker » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:42 am

the.trav wrote:So it seems that even with continuous intake switched off, the pool of prisoners to be delivered continues to tick up.

I am now in a position where if I open my prison up, I'm going to get 30 prisoners. I assume that number will continue to rise.

So far as I can tell that makes the game pretty similar to continuous intake, I was hoping for something a little more controlled

It varies widely, but the number of prisoners you receive is effectively random. Most I've got is 31 prisoners at one time, and its been on 8 prisoners a day for about 3 in-game days for me now.

If you aren't comfortable with the amount of prisoners you're to receive, close your prison to new inmates. Go to Reports, Prisoners, and close all security levels of prisoners. Re-open when ready for new inmates.

Return to “Community Members”