[Suggestion] Select Unassigned Guards Button.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Nat3ski
level1
level1

[Suggestion] Select Unassigned Guards Button.

Postby Nat3ski » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Pretty simple, as the title says, i would like a button to allow me to select all of my unstationed guards and move them at once.

This can be useful for quelling riots or just following around the regime change.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:40 am

+1
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:12 am

Dosedmonkey wrote:+1

+2
VIPERGTSR01
level1
level1

Postby VIPERGTSR01 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:59 am

That would be handy.

Oh.. sorry I mean..

+3 :mrgreen:
totalysexyguy
level1
level1

Postby totalysexyguy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:12 am

+3 cuz im THAT awesome.

So that makes it +6, cant ignore a +6.
Ashmo
level0

Postby Ashmo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:08 am

This is extremely unlikely as the plan always was that you should ultimately not have control over any of your guards and workmen directly.

The direct control is just there temporarily until the AI can take care of itself. Except for special units like riot guards and paramedics.
vmoterani
level0

Postby vmoterani » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:29 am

Ashmo wrote:This is extremely unlikely as the plan always was that you should ultimately not have control over any of your guards and workmen directly.

The direct control is just there temporarily until the AI can take care of itself. Except for special units like riot guards and paramedics.

I disagree. You can just pause the game, select a guard (and this can be a pain in specially large prisons) and send him. Why not make it easier? With the pause button, clearly there is no skill or timing, it doesn't add a real challenge to the game. It is just boring.

+1!
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:19 pm

vmoterani wrote:
Ashmo wrote:This is extremely unlikely as the plan always was that you should ultimately not have control over any of your guards and workmen directly.

I disagree. You can just pause the game, select a guard (and this can be a pain in specially large prisons) and send him. Why not make it easier? With the pause button, clearly there is no skill or timing, it doesn't add a real challenge to the game. It is just boring.

+1!

As Ashmo said, Chris (the games's programmer) has said that in the finished game we won't have control of the guards.
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:09 pm

MAdMaN wrote:
vmoterani wrote:

+1!

As Ashmo said, Chris (the games's programmer) has said that in the finished game we won't have control of the guards.

really?! do you have a source for that pls. Not doubting you, just interested.

Game needs a tonne of development before they introduce that :)
Ashmo
level0

Postby Ashmo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:31 pm

I don't remember the exact source, but IIRC he mentioned it in one of the videos.

The idea is that guards and such will be autonomous like the prisoners and you can only give general orders, not control them directly.

For example, guards will refuse to enter territory controlled by rioting prisoners because it's "outside their pay grade". You need to send in riot guards first and reclaim it.
Lars Ebert
level1
level1

Postby Lars Ebert » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:35 pm

That sounds great! If done well, it just makes everything better. There should not be any need to control everything in a prison. You'd have to build a prison that controls itself. I like it :)
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Ric666 wrote:
MAdMaN wrote:
vmoterani wrote:

+1!

really?! do you have a source for that pls. Not doubting you, just interested.

Game needs a tonne of development before they introduce that :)

In one of the old release videos he said this, but at the current time, I can't see this working, as they always glitch on walls and need assisting. :P Also removing features/options/controls from the player is a bad idea, yes make it so the game CAN run with out player interaction, but if the player wants to mico manage more, then they should have this option too!

Return to “Community Members”