Some suggestion about Alpha11.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

zetathix
level1
level1

Some suggestion about Alpha11.

Postby zetathix » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:07 pm

- Really chaos tasks. Some took a long, long time before start, or never. Some tasks abandonned in a middle and workers just walk back to their storage.
- Larger prison, more lag.

I will gladly to see some of...
- Vehicle stop sign. I separate a door for a task, dead people's door, garbage's door, visitors door. It will lost the precious time if let them park too far away.
- Skywalk passage. To clear out the problem for the road which prisoners wouldn't allow but you want to flow the prisoners around.
- Some 2*1 or 3*1 door. Or some tool to zoning without lossing a flow.

- Bus stop. Released prisoners should wait for bus rather than walk away by foot. - -"
- Released prisoners should taken to get a release paper from warden and need to show to door guard before get out freely.

- Trolley. For workers which working all they, this is an advance tech for sure! Make them carry more objects. Maybe 4-8.

- Should separate order-stack to type of character. Sometime I see workers don't go to finish their tasks forever because other characters' task are alway before their tasks.

Other is really good like old IV day and keep it up IV!
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:49 am

I don't know about the rest but Chris said in the Alpha 11 video that he's planning on having family pick up released prisoners
zetathix
level1
level1

Postby zetathix » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:35 pm

But someone in game may have no family, just a lone man...

And other thing make me laugh is when all families finished to visit, they go home by foot. But when they came, by bus...
Lars Ebert
level1
level1

Postby Lars Ebert » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:33 pm

+1 for the release papers, trolleys and wider doors.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Re: Some suggestion about Alpha11.

Postby Dosedmonkey » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:40 pm

zetathix wrote:- Some 2*1 or 3*1 door. Or some tool to zoning without lossing a flow.

2*1 door does exsist, use the large cell door. Then stick it on pernamently open mode. It will still close on lock down, and provide you with sperate patrol zones for guards.

You can also place two of these, opposite facing, and that will create you a free to flow, 4*1 door. :lol:
Lars Ebert
level1
level1

Postby Lars Ebert » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:41 pm

But that sounds more like a "hack" to me. I'd prefer normal, wooden doors which are 2*1. Just for the looks ;)
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:47 pm

If you need a prison guard, you would normally use steel doors on the edge of the zone! Not a flammable easily breakable wooden door. Quite often doors are left open, except for in emergencies. Not just in prisons, on ships, office blocks, industrial buildings. With automatic closing on alarm (Fire alarm for office or industrial, but for rioting in prison, or for flooding on a ship for example).

I actually have most my doors on pernamently open now, including cell blocks and such. It saves a lot on guard tasks, and I can close them all with a single click of the lock down button at any time. Works well. :lol:

Return to “Community Members”