Released Prisoners Not Leaving

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

lonewolfmeihino
level0

Released Prisoners Not Leaving

Postby lonewolfmeihino » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 pm

After prisoners serve their time, they just remain stationary wherever they are when their sentence expired. No guards leading them out or anything.

Anyone else encountering this?
TokMor
level1
level1

Postby TokMor » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:28 pm

Probably due to the fact that we all add a staff only area to the front of our prison so that prisoners don't just walk out the front entrance. But now it's also keeping released prisoners in. I think for a future update we need released prisoners to path as staff.
lonewolfmeihino
level0

Postby lonewolfmeihino » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Ah, you're correct. I turned off "Staff Only" and everyone swarmed to the door.
adamwpe
level1
level1

Postby adamwpe » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:40 pm

same here they don't want to leave prison lol
stev3h
level0

Postby stev3h » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 pm

I've sort of found a work around, if you assign them to the holding cell, the free up a normal cell for an actual inmate...

Now they're basically free money, since the $100 a day only stops when the leave the screen.

EDIT: This ends being a neat trick for extra cash :) manipulating the staff only bug...
Stymnus
level1
level1

Postby Stymnus » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:34 pm

stev3h wrote:I've sort of found a work around, if you assign them to the holding cell, the free up a normal cell for an actual inmate...

How do you assign them to a holding cell? UPDATE: Ok, you select them, and then right click on the holding cell.

However, I did this, and they were put there, then a guard was tasked to put him back in a cell. So..
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:33 am

TokMor wrote:Probably due to the fact that we all add a staff only area to the front of our prison so that prisoners don't just walk out the front entrance. But now it's also keeping released prisoners in. I think for a future update we need released prisoners to path as staff.

Exactly what happened to me. So I turned the staff only area off, and all the guys working in the kitchen used their work pass to escape my front gate hahahahaha! Gits! :lol:
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 am

Anyone figured out a good way to both let prisoners leave and employ prisoners in the kitchen without escaping? It's a bit annoying.
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 am

Probably at a certain point just turn off the Staff Only Exit not during work time
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:06 pm

christhekiller wrote:Probably at a certain point just turn off the Staff Only Exit not during work time
Thats what I was doing for a while, till I litterally couldn't spend my money anymore and just hired some more chefs and removed kitchen workers.
steviebuk
level2
level2

Postby steviebuk » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:11 pm

asmo0 wrote:Anyone figured out a good way to both let prisoners leave and employ prisoners in the kitchen without escaping? It's a bit annoying.

Posted this pic in another thread unrelated, but it shows how I've got round it. Put a fence up one square from the road. Remark the areas delivery and garbage again. Put in staff doors where I've put them (otherwise run into issues with new inmates coming in). Then assign a guard or two to that area. Now means any prisoner coming to the doors for work will be allowed in by the guards. Also any prisoner who's been released will be let out by the assigned guard/s.

Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:49 pm

Yes I put a fence along the side of the road, on the pavement last night, with a double cell door in the middle. This works great, except arriving inmates get stuck on the fence sometimes, once I got more cash I might try putting a line of cell doors on the edge of the road, see if that helps.

Otherwise just change your staff only area to public area during a non-work period.

UPDATE: Added two double cell doors, fitted so they both open outwards from the other, and positioned them to line up with the flatbed of the trucks, workls fine, never any stuck arrivals. See screenshot..

Return to “Community Members”