How is the max number of jobs determined?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

MillerTime
level0

How is the max number of jobs determined?

Postby MillerTime » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 am

I was experiencing the job clumping issue where prisoners stand around "working" though it appears they are doing nothing. I'm sure there are multiple reasons for this: stuck queue, unable to reach target, etc. But, as described in 0001345: Prison Workers "Clumping" which is marked as resolved states that it's also caused because when there is nothing for the prisoners to work on. Naturally, if there's only 1 work saw, 1 press, and 1 table in a workshop and you have 10 prisoners assigned to work in it there will be a lot of idling.

Which leads me to my question, is the maximum number of jobs for a room (particularly a workshop) determined by it's size? If so is it fair to say the correct behavior should instead be based on the number of objects? So in this case 2-3 workers max since there are 1 work saw, 1 press, and 1 table?
fidelio
level2
level2

Postby fidelio » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 am

while it's currently based on size, being alpha, anything can change. however, if it were based on object count, how would you determine the max for the cleaning cupboard? mop buckets that work like laundry baskets? slow push to somewhere, quick work. slow push to somewhere else, quick work?
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 am

MillerTime
level0

Postby MillerTime » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:54 am

Thank you for the forum link fat_wilf. As you can see in that post worker deployment limits seem pretty broken. So yes, fidelio, I would like to see a mop bucket or maybe a floor buffer be introduced to the cleaning cupboard. Unlike the laudry basket, I'm thinking the behavior a normal to slow travel speed with a slow work speed.

Return to “Community Members”