Suggestion: Co-Op/LAN

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

stianf
level2
level2

Suggestion: Co-Op/LAN

Postby stianf » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi!

I've come up with something that would make Prison Architect a lot more fun. If we could play LAN and Co-Op! The map is double size - One player gets the left, and one player gets the right. They can NOT destroy each others prisons. If a riot breaks out in one of the prisons, it might escalate in the other prison too. They can help each other with money gifts, send prisoners (if the other prison accepts) etc. I know this will be VERY HARD to implement, but is surely something that should be thought about after the beta ;)

- Stian the ... Well, guy.
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 pm

I originally thought this would be another "one player is prisoner, other is architect" ideas.

Pleasantly not! I think this would be good fun if implemented.
Aryajmarya
level1
level1

Postby Aryajmarya » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Are they on the same map? Or do prisoner transfers work by sending prisoners on the trucks? If they are directly next to each other, will they be able to, perhaps, join their prisons and make one absolute huge one? Sync up the regimes and prisoners can travel from one to the other so one can focus on certain types of buildings while the co-op partner focuses on something else?

This can become a really neat feature but it has to be executed properly.
stianf
level2
level2

Postby stianf » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:24 am

It would be cool, if one guy did the cells and one guy did the facilities! That would have made it much easier. Cuz' if it's co-op, its almost impossible to create the ultimate prison because of there's TWO PEOPLE that might argue a bit about what to do.
NewClarity
level1
level1

Postby NewClarity » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:33 pm

For Co-Op you could have a map where the road goes up the middle. Player 1 gets the left hand side while player 2 gets the right.

Each player begins with the same amount of money but resources are delivered to a "Central" storage area. If your workmen need that resource they then head off to get it (as long as they dont have another job waiting otherwise deliveries wait). If one player collects all of the resource (say food) then the other player then is forced to wait until the next delivery and try get some then.

This could also work for prisoners. Any free guard would head off to pick up the shared prisoner delivery and one side could in theory get them all and start earning while the other guy waits
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:06 pm

That's not really co-op though.
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:15 pm

I would not mind a Sim City 5 approach where some resources and circumstances are shared between prisons in a same region. Also it means that you might need friends to help you meet requirements, allowing for transfers like me sending my high security guys to your alcatraz while you send me your "Martha Stewarts".
AgentPaper
level2
level2

Postby AgentPaper » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:19 pm

This really doesn't seem like the kind of game that would benefit much from multiplayer. Sharing maps and chatting over steam seems like more than enough player interaction. Actually putting two players on the same map doesn't really add anything to the game.
CloneWarrior85
level0

Postby CloneWarrior85 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 pm

I would rather see "on the fly" other player prisons instead of having a MP coop.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:34 am

I would not mind a Sim City 5 approach

I knows a troll when I sees one...
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:18 pm

paktsardines wrote:
I would not mind a Sim City 5 approach

I knows a troll when I sees one...

Rather than the not being able to play for a year after buying it, I think he means that if one prison is really nice or crappy it sorta wafts over to the other prison and affects it.

xander
When in doubt, you are probably right. The only right person. In fact, you are probably right as of right now!
stianf
level2
level2

Postby stianf » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 pm

AgentPaper wrote:This really doesn't seem like the kind of game that would benefit much from multiplayer. Sharing maps and chatting over steam seems like more than enough player interaction. Actually putting two players on the same map doesn't really add anything to the game.

Doesn't it add something to see your friends prison, and help he/she with the prison without having to be at his/her house? I think it adds a lot.

EDIT: Frickin' quote function messed up the code. Fixed it ;S
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:02 pm

I think it adds a lot.

I don't. My friends would just tell me to piss off and stop interfering in their prison... Nobody wants a back-seat architect.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:44 am

Multiplayer would be awful, at least, extremely awful with the way the game is currently going."Hey look, I built an entire prison in 5 minutes!"
Yay.

Return to “Community Members”