Prison Architect Steam Trading Cards Please

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

SardaTFK
level0

Postby SardaTFK » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:08 am

Developers get 10% of the money on all the cards bought and sold on the Steam Market. <- Why to do it.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:20 pm

SardaTFK wrote:Developers get 10% of the money on all the cards bought and sold on the Steam Market. <- Why to do it.

Yeah, but the group has already decided that IV are being greedy by setting the price of Prison Architect itself at $30. Don't want to incite the rabble too much, right?

xander
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:40 pm

xander wrote:
SardaTFK wrote:Developers get 10% of the money on all the cards bought and sold on the Steam Market. <- Why to do it.

Yeah, but the group has already decided that IV are being greedy by setting the price of Prison Architect itself at $30. Don't want to incite the rabble too much, right?

xander

The rabble that think this is too high tend to be uneducated little kids. Or that wasting insanity guy. What a tool he is..lol....(I'm on there trying to help people when I can)

I support trading cards either way but they would not come until well after release I would assume.
fidelio
level2
level2

Postby fidelio » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:29 am

after reading this page:

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/

and this page:

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

it's still just as confusing as to why anyone would waste their time on this.

What are the direct benefits of my Steam Level?
You get more options to customize your profile, and the maximum number of friends you can have on your friends list increases.

while my friends list is in no danger of overflowing, it seems like a horrible idea to have to earn a 'reward' to increase it. it shouldn't be a negotiable size. everyone should get the same maximum.

if it really is all about the marketplace trading revenue stream, especially if the developers only get a 10% cut, the whole thing just wreaks of terrible money grubbing abhorrent behavior. the same sort of greed we see on wall street, where cash is siphoned off the public with zero return in value.
RutgerM
level1
level1

Postby RutgerM » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:13 am

All that I can see is that the games what has trading cards just turned into a money maker for free games for now, as you can sell the cards on the Steam Market.
50% of a complete set of cards will be dropped by just playing the game (except F2P games, as you will only get those by buying in-game stuff with cash) (that will be resetted after selling/trading one or more), and if you're lucky, you will get a foiled card and those are even more dollars/euros worth than the regular cards.

Return to “Community Members”