A Tool I use in Prison Architect

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

clincha
level1
level1

A Tool I use in Prison Architect

Postby clincha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Hey Guys,

back when I was messing around in vb.net I made a nice little application to do a couple of things, like check office sizes, cell sizes and room sizes and the costs for all of those. I figured that other people could use it so why not, the download links below. It's also got a couple of links to the main pages that I use. Hope other people find this useful, great if you have two screens.

All Versions: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/lwrmwjrw1htfm/The_Ultimate_PA_tool
Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/lHLWT

To decipher my version history code use this...

the 10 stands for what version of PA it is based on.
The 7 stands for major changes.
The 6 and 3 stand for minor changes, the 3 will only go to ten and then increment the 6.

So the example above is for Alpha-10 of prison architect. It has had 7 major changes to it. It has had 57 small changes (9 * 6 + 3)

I'm looking for someone who can do video, speech tutorials. If anyone is interested please pm or email me at UPAT@outlook.com

Change log:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update available to 10.0.0.1:

*Changed the file host
    *Bug fixes
    *Added check for update button
    *Improved response times by adding splash screen

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Available to 11.0.2.1

*Add: Room Calculator
    *Add: Office Calculator
    *Add: Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/lHLWT
    *Add: You can estimate the costs of inner walls.
    *Add: You can add an estimation of costs for items inside the buildings
    *Bug fixes and improvements
    *Upgraded the look so it doesn't look like a dogs breakfast

Virus scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/03451eb360d6ad1bc2d075391eb2b0eaebd9ad8db575ee2c0769b9df2d9d2de2/analysis/1374931345/

Sorry for the late update I have moved country and didn't have my main computer.
Last edited by clincha on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 8 times in total.
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:46 pm

That's... actually pretty useful. Thank you.
Rappelle
level0

Postby Rappelle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:30 am

Would recommend finding a better host for it. The link just by itself is dodgy looking!

Otherwise nice
clincha
level1
level1

Postby clincha » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:46 am

Would recommend finding a better host for it. The link just by itself is dodgy looking!

I'll look for one now, but can you recommend any in particular?
CplHenderson
level2
level2

Postby CplHenderson » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 am

Mediafire
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Very nice app. I am sure you could improve it though, so when you select bed and toilet for cell for example, it automatically calculates the minimum size the cell needs to be, and depending on the amount of cells it automatically calculates how many corridor squares you need at minimum for example. And you can select different layouts. Just ideas if you wanted to make a version with more features. :lol: :lol:

CplHenderson wrote:Mediafire

This is a good host. Except it tried downloading a stupid download manager application automatically. Delete from download folder... :roll:
dibsdrisc
level1
level1

Postby dibsdrisc » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 pm

my Norton virus scanner came up with a high risk threat from your new media 0.1 download matey
gamein till i die
MAdMaN
level4
level4

Postby MAdMaN » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 am

dibsdrisc wrote:my Norton virus scanner came up with a high risk threat from your new media 0.1 download matey

That's a false positive. Results from scanning with 47 different virus checkers show no problems: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/650a ... 370905979/
namj13
level2
level2

Postby namj13 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:00 am

Is there any chance for a Mac version?
--Namj13
clincha
level1
level1

Postby clincha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 am

Is there any chance for a Mac version?

Yes, there is an idea to have a mac version but I am looking for a partner who can code this application for a mac. If you think you can, pm me an we will chat from there.

Very nice app. I am sure you could improve it though, so when you select bed and toilet for cell for example, it automatically calculates the minimum size the cell needs to be, and depending on the amount of cells it automatically calculates how many corridor squares you need at minimum for example. And you can select different layouts. Just ideas if you wanted to make a version with more features.

Expect to see both of those in the next release.

Talking about the next release, I'm working on it now and it is going swimmingly. It should be set for release either end of this week or early next week.

I'm not even going to comment on the guy using Norton... except thanks to MAdMaN

Any questions feel free to contact me on: UPAT@outlook.com

Thanks,

clincha
clincha
level1
level1

Postby clincha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:52 am

I'm looking for someone who can do video, speech tutorials for the application. If anyone is interested please pm or email me at UPAT@outlook.com

Thanks,

Clincha
clincha
level1
level1

Postby clincha » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Updated if anyone is interested...
Lo6a4evskiy
level0

Postby Lo6a4evskiy » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:12 pm

What does it do exactly?
Acreyzek
level1
level1

Postby Acreyzek » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:What does it do exactly?

To make a long story short, it basically calculates how much money it takes to build a cell block with a said amount of cells, each cell can have different items in them making the price go up.

If you take a look at the screenshots it will become clear to you what it's used for, i got this assumption only by looking at the screenshots

Correct me if i am wrong

----------

On another note

This seems like a nice tool 1+ from me
I haven't used this much since i already have a pretty big prison, but i will for sure continue my use of this program whenever the need of new cell blocks arise
NoOpen
level1
level1

Postby NoOpen » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:36 pm

I forget who but there is a fully functioning version of this but it also shows you a 2d image of the design.

Return to “Community Members”