Prisoners getting stuck whilst working

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

fat_wilf
level1
level1

Prisoners getting stuck whilst working

Postby fat_wilf » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:55 pm

I have noticed a small issue but one which causes a few problems.

When you have a fairly large amount of workers assigned to a job (around 8+) and they are idle and gather in the centre of the room, when one of them actually needs to do something (i.e. move objects to a bench in the workship) they are STUCK in the group in the centre of the room and can't do it.
I have noticed this applies to cleaning and laundry too (i don't use staff in the kitchen).

I have corrected this by converting my workshop into 4 small workshops, and 2 small cleaning cupboards with no more than 5 staff working in each - which seems to have fixed it - BUT my point is this didn't happen in A9 and have only noticed this since the new update, anyone else getting this?

ALSO:

anyone noticed staff working as cleaners getting stuck sitting on benches (particularly) in the canteen with their brooms out, or is that just me again?
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Re: Prisoners getting stuck whilst working

Postby Great Magical Hat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:58 pm

fat_wilf wrote:this didn't happen in A9

Yes, it did.
XiaNaphryz
level0

Postby XiaNaphryz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:57 pm

I've noticed putting a workshop bench close to a bottom wall can cause the prisoner to end up on the other side, I've seen one escape that way.
Kyle.thomson
level1
level1

Re: Prisoners getting stuck whilst working

Postby Kyle.thomson » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:18 pm

fat_wilf wrote:anyone noticed staff working as cleaners getting stuck sitting on benches (particularly) in the canteen with their brooms out, or is that just me again?

I at one point had half of the prisoners I had assigned jobs just sitting on the benches in the canteen which was pretty annoying
dosmac640
level1
level1

Postby dosmac640 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 pm

This definitely happened in alpha9. Workers in laundry if more than 8-10 get stuck in the center trying to move to the center endlessly.

Also, prisoners in combat with guards results in guards stuck on the other side of a wall or just around a corner trying to get in the door all confused keeping twitching back and forth trying to unstuck but never going anywhere.

It appears to be a general pathing issue. Happens with cleaning guys, guards, and workmen.
Inkku
level1
level1

Postby Inkku » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:46 am

Is there anyway to solve this on my own? The prisoners wont do any laundry and soon i have 100 angry prisoner riot going on :(
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:24 pm

Sometimes unassigning and then reassigning the jobs works. It can be mitigated somewhat by having not a single block of work, but two or three. Finally, in alpha 10 it may be caused because the jobs are assigned to people "resting", in which case you should dismantle the bench they are on.
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:47 pm

@INKKU

I have made 4 small workshops with 4 benches and 5 staff only (one spare to move stuff around)

I have also done the same with the cleaning cupboard, making two small rooms with 5 staff in each

Since the improvements with the laundry system in A10 i find that a small laundry works okay for my 40 or so prisoners. However, try reducing the number of staff to 5 or less and if thats not enough try building another laundry room.

6-7 staff seems to be the point where people start getting stuck in the middle of the room.

In regards to the cleaning staff getting stuck on the benches, the only fix seems to be to move them to a cell or to dismantle the bench they're sitting on.

Return to “Community Members”