Workshop Moving Bug

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Workshop Moving Bug

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:24 am

I noticed that when you dismantle any workshop gear, or try to move it, a lot of it gets queued up for prisoners to do - but they never do it.

FOr instance, I have two workspace presses and saws in boxes - they are queued for the prisoners to do, but they wont do it. Likely because only workman can install equipment as far as the code is concerned.

Same problem with moving sheetmetal - I know the workers can do it, but not the prisoners.

Has anyone else noticed this?
dosmac640
level1
level1

Postby dosmac640 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:29 am

I think for the moment you're forced to have workmen install the saw / press as it's an object. The workers with the sheet metal, I'm pretty sure it's workman only, maybe they'll be adding it for workers soon.
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Re: Workshop Moving Bug

Postby Great Magical Hat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:14 am

lonewolf40000 wrote:I noticed that when you dismantle any workshop gear, or try to move it, a lot of it gets queued up for prisoners to do - but they never do it.

I have had this on alpha 9, but thought it was fixed. Anyway, what I had to do was make sure the prisoner were allowed in my storage (no staff only zones over it or on the only path to it), so they could bring it there, after which the workmen took over again and install the thing.
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:56 pm

That's the thing - I moved from a smaller workshop room (converted to a cleaning supply closet that still wont work), to a larger one that could fit 6 machines.

Two of them are sitting in the common room in the pool table, and two sitting in the old workshop. Neither have any restrictions over who can go into them.

Is there a way to force the workmen to do it? I can't get them to do so, and if i click on them and try to path them to the boxes, they just walk away.
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:57 pm

lonewolf40000 wrote:Two of them are sitting in the common room in the pool table, and two sitting in the old workshop. Neither have any restrictions over who can go into them.

I assumed as much, but I was talking about the restriction of your Storage
lonewolf40000
level1
level1

Postby lonewolf40000 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:10 am

I did change that, and it seemed to help for some reason - I guess having STorage opens somehow allows the prisoner AI to 'path', even if they never actually take the items to the storage itself. Kind of odd, but whatevs!
direvus
level1
level1

Postby direvus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:35 pm

I had this problem too. Wanted to rearrange the layout of the machines in my workshop, and couldn't do it because only prisoners can store or dump workshop supplies/equipment, and the storage room is Staff Only.

I think there are a couple of separate issues here

* Workmen should be able to store/dump/etc workshop objects.
* The UI doesn't give the player any hints about why these jobs are not proceeding. A tooltip when you hover over a job in the Jobs Report wouldn't suck.
DzastinasLT
level0

Postby DzastinasLT » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Same problem here. Workmen just don't process any action when workshop item is dismantled (nor putting it in storage, nor replacing them).

Return to “Community Members”