In praise of Planning Mode

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

TheFunnyOne1125
level1
level1

Postby TheFunnyOne1125 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:50 pm

gpgekko wrote:I'm still hoping that one day we can place objects in planning mode too (placing them without placing them, you know) so I can workout the layout of a room even better. Canteens, kitchens, showers and all those slightly bigger rooms would get easier to design efficiently.

That sounds awesome.
I ended up using planning mode to only mark where my walls are going to be.
This would help me wayyy more though.
Augwich
level1
level1

Postby Augwich » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 am

TheFunnyOne1125 wrote:
gpgekko wrote:I'm still hoping that one day we can place objects in planning mode too (placing them without placing them, you know) so I can workout the layout of a room even better. Canteens, kitchens, showers and all those slightly bigger rooms would get easier to design efficiently.

That sounds awesome.
I ended up using planning mode to only mark where my walls are going to be.
This would help me wayyy more though.

I usually just end up using the planning tool to also block out all the objects - the problem is it looks the same as the walls, so I have to remember what's what.
Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:04 am

I use planning for objects only in workshop, visitation, and medical wards. Damn you OCD.
When in doubt, you are probably right. The only right person. In fact, you are probably right as of right now!

Return to “Community Members”