[Scenario] Fort Victory

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

[Scenario] Fort Victory

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:28 am

With Military cut backs, we are having to close down Fort Victory. However, a private Prison firm has decided to buy the land, and convert it in to a working prison. It is up to you with limited resources to rapidly convert this old military base in to a functioning prison. Are you up to the job soldier?..... I mean Architect!? Sir yes sir.

The ultimate irony will be, most of the now jobless soldiers will find their way back in to the fort as prisoners for drunk and disorderly, gross bodily harm, drinking under the influence, theft or other mister meaners.

Steam Workshop Link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =149626539
4folders
level1
level1

Postby 4folders » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:35 am

Would you be able to post the save for this scenario up for those of us not on steam please?
AgentPaper
level2
level2

Postby AgentPaper » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:17 pm

Here's a download link for you dirty, dirty non-steam users: Download Fort Victory
4folders
level1
level1

Postby 4folders » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Thank you! :)
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:56 pm

AgentPaper wrote:Here's a download link for you dirty, dirty non-steam users: Download Fort Victory

Thankyou mate. :lol:
AgentPaper
level2
level2

Postby AgentPaper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:01 am

I haven't played too long, but I do have some feedback. Firstly, as a scenario this is fairly easy. There are a ton of items scattered around the map, and some of the rooms are usable as-is. The barracks, for example, makes a fine holding cell once you throw a bench in, giving you plenty of time to get individual cells up. That said, being easy isn't actually a bad thing, and there's still enough challenge to make it interesting, especially when you want to start getting more prisoners in.

Another criticism is that some of the buildings are too far apart. This isn't too big an issue, since you can fairly easily abandon the outlying structures and build in the central fort, but it is a bit annoying and means it takes workers a long time to go and round up all the loose items scattered throughout the map. No need to make changes here, but in the future you might want to keep this in mind unless you want to make it part of the challenge.

Edit: Oh, and also, your prison file on the steam shop has no filename. It's just .prison, which made it hard to find when I first looked for it. I re-named it to Fort Victory.prison in the download I linked, but you may want to change the steam version as well.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:24 am

If there is so many items, should I lower the cash for the first moment, and raise the first in take of prisoners, or make default maximum security only?

AgentPaper wrote:Edit: Oh, and also, your prison file on the steam shop has no filename. It's just .prison, which made it hard to find when I first looked for it. I re-named it to Fort Victory.prison in the download I linked, but you may want to change the steam version as well.

That sounds like a bug. In the game, clicking steam workshop on the game meny, I select current map, and then on the right hand side put "[Scenario] Fort Victory" in to the map name. This generated the correct name on the steam workshop webpage, but has not effect the .prison file. Did you upload yours a different method? Or should it of named the file and just failed to do so?
AgentPaper
level2
level2

Postby AgentPaper » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:55 am

The name of the map file is separate from the name of the map on steam. You need to save the map with the desired filename, and then upload it and change it to whatever on the steam page.

As for what to change, I don't think any changes are really necessary. If you want to make it harder, a slightly reduced initial cash would do that well, but I think it's OK as is.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 am

Ah right I had saved it on my computer as "fort victory.prison", but obviously did not carry this over when using the in game uploader.

Return to “Community Members”