Policy on naming after real life political prisoners

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:40 am

namj13 wrote:What I meant was that the name list for the game, not the user inputted ones, takes a random first/last name combo from the list. Unless there is a way around this, we would have to hope the names randomize together, or we'd all have to input said names into the "name in game" system.

And what I meant is: I bet the name in game system can be modded as well, meaning that you'd not have to resort to randomness.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am

Yes names in game can be modded, and that's what formed the basis for GFC Mod - Commemmorative Simcity Release ;)
fat_wilf
level1
level1

Postby fat_wilf » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 pm

just name him Normal Stanley Fletcher instead
kommissarw
level0

Postby kommissarw » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:19 pm

111none wrote:This is a game, IV has enough publicity, I see no need to add to it negatively, as something as small as this is just like the "No Russian" Level in Modern Warfare 2, Rapelay ,Or Postal 2.This would end up with IV in deep political shit, as well as legal shit. :roll:

Considering the ridiculous lengths they have gone to over wikileaks, who knows how far they would go. Even if John Kiriakou okayed it, the CIA could be considered to have an equivalent claim over the content - Although to press such a claim would be tantamount to admission that it happened.

My interest in naming a prisoner after him in an obvious & undeniable way has dropped. Maybe a switching some letters here & there, combined with not mentioning any real life agencies by name - But this gets into the issues of innocent prisoners being in the game at all, which is entirely the subject of another thread.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:37 am

But there are innocent prisoners in game, Chris already talked about how a few of them are not guilty of the crimes they're charged with.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:57 am

paktsardines wrote:Yes names in game can be modded, and that's what formed the basis for GFC Mod - Commemmorative Simcity Release ;)

I'm going to mod it so all the prisoners are my name and all the guards are my girlfriends name.... :lol:
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:42 am

I'm going to mod it so all the prisoners are my name and all the guards are my girlfriends name

Well, that's at least healthier than the other way around...

In fact, I might do the same.

Return to “Community Members”