Alpha 10 - prisoners wont go to work from canteen

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

twisteddman
level1
level1

Alpha 10 - prisoners wont go to work from canteen

Postby twisteddman » Fri May 31, 2013 6:03 am

I have a two hour eat at 9am followed by work at 11am. I get 3 or 4 benches full of guys after eating is over that just sit there even though they are suppose to be working. They wont get up and go to work untill there comfort goes to zero or I dismantle the bench
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Re: Alpha 10 - prisoners wont go to work from canteen

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri May 31, 2013 7:22 am

twisteddman wrote:I have a two hour eat at 9am followed by work at 11am. I get 3 or 4 benches full of guys after eating is over that just sit there even though they are suppose to be working. They wont get up and go to work untill there comfort goes to zero or I dismantle the bench

I've seen that too, might be a new bug.
twisteddman
level1
level1

Postby twisteddman » Fri May 31, 2013 7:35 am

Saw someone talking about a "seat" bug. Maybe thats the same thing
dosmac640
level1
level1

Postby dosmac640 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:46 am

I've had lots of guys stuck in seats instead of doing what they were supposed to be doing.
Augwich
level1
level1

Postby Augwich » Fri May 31, 2013 3:40 pm

Yeah, apparently there's this "seat bug" (honestly I haven't had a problem with it myself yet) where prisoners that are sitting will not get up until their comfort need reaches zero, even if the regime or other things would tell them otherwise. So I guess if they're not sleeping well or not sitting/lying down at any other time during the day, they would just get "stuck" in the benches at lunch and then not go to work.

I mean, I guess it's not that unrealistic as I don't want to get up and back to work after sitting down for lunch until I'm thoroughly comfortable. :wink:
twisteddman
level1
level1

Postby twisteddman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:31 am

Augwich wrote:Yeah, apparently there's this "seat bug" (honestly I haven't had a problem with it myself yet) where prisoners that are sitting will not get up until their comfort need reaches zero, even if the regime or other things would tell them otherwise. So I guess if they're not sleeping well or not sitting/lying down at any other time during the day, they would just get "stuck" in the benches at lunch and then not go to work.

I mean, I guess it's not that unrealistic as I don't want to get up and back to work after sitting down for lunch until I'm thoroughly comfortable. :wink:

Yeah at first I thought it was doing it on purpose , simulating lazy workers. But then i had like 20 guys doing it and when i took there bench's away they go to work.
BlueTrin
level1
level1

Postby BlueTrin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:37 am

I could not get even a single one of them to work. Might be related to this bug.
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:43 pm

This happened to me, started to get a bit annoying. Not sure exactly, but I "fixed it" by demolishing the bench (it was always the same 1 bench, whoever sat on it when work began would just remain there for hours) and replacing it in the same location... never happened again.
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Still happening every meal, they refuse to get up untill need for comfort is gone... Quite game breaking at the moment, now I have to demolish most benches in the canteen before every work session :/
Certainly the worst part of this update (maybe clone is a bit annoying, but rarely research that untill 100+ prisoners anyways to save money).
Augwich
level1
level1

Postby Augwich » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:20 pm

This issue 88has actually been around for some time, actually. And yeah, it's a bit frustrating :P But there are a lot of bugs, and most of them probably won't be properly addressed until the beta.

It should be noted that prisoners can satisfy their comfort need on benches, chairs, and in bed. So if your prisoners are getting enough sleep at night (or have free time during the day where they'll go satisfy the comfort need anyways), then you shouldn't have as much of a problem.
asmo0
level2
level2

Postby asmo0 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:19 pm

Augwich wrote:This issue 88has actually been around for some time, actually. And yeah, it's a bit frustrating :P But there are a lot of bugs, and most of them probably won't be properly addressed until the beta.
I've never seen this bug in alpha9, and havent changed my routine much.

Return to “Community Members”