A10: assigning kitchen jobs?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

HerrJoebob
level4
level4

A10: assigning kitchen jobs?

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri May 31, 2013 1:51 am

Anybody else unable to assign prisoners to the kitchen?
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:13 am

Make sure there is a door inbetween your anything and kitchen, it works for me..
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri May 31, 2013 2:15 am

laser50 wrote:Make sure there is a door inbetween your anything and kitchen, it works for me..

Yeah it does seem as though they tweaked what makes up the kitchen and canteen areas. I can't assign guards to my canteen area either, since I always have just an open wall between it and the yard. Worked fine in A9.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri May 31, 2013 2:49 am

Putting a wall between storage and the kitchen area worked like a charm, even fixing my Canteen which already had doors between them. Thanks!
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Fri May 31, 2013 8:33 am

HerrJoebob wrote:I can't assign guards to my canteen area either, since I always have just an open wall between it and the yard. Worked fine in A9.

You can also just put a large prison door in that hole in the wall and have it stuck at always open, that way it won't block your prisoners but still define a sector.
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Augwich
level1
level1

Postby Augwich » Fri May 31, 2013 4:07 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
HerrJoebob wrote:I can't assign guards to my canteen area either, since I always have just an open wall between it and the yard. Worked fine in A9.

You can also just put a large prison door in that hole in the wall and have it stuck at always open, that way it won't block your prisoners but still define a sector.

This is what I do. Plus, if you ever need to lockdown everything, it can mean that much more control. 'Course, it does limit your openings to no more than 2 tiles.
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri May 31, 2013 6:01 pm

Augwich wrote:
VoiD88 wrote:

This is what I do. Plus, if you ever need to lockdown everything, it can mean that much more control. 'Course, it does limit your openings to no more than 2 tiles.

Exactly, I always have a 6 or more meter open space in the wall between yard and canteen to avoid fights (I run ultra-dense prisons with a couple hundred inmates so it's actually not overkill).

In any case just walling between kitchen and storage fixed both. Thanks again for all the replies. :)

Return to “Community Members”