[Suggestion] Cell Blocks

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

MushOcho
level0

[Suggestion] Cell Blocks

Postby MushOcho » Thu May 30, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm hoping this has been discussed before but....

Cell blocks!

I'd like to see the ability to designate area's into different 'cell blocks'. Just like you'd designate a kitchen, laundry, shower area (just in addition to them).
Individual cell blocks would be area's where the prisoners designated to that cell block would reside and use the rooms within it. So if you have two canteens you can designate one as Cell Block A, each prisoner assigned to that Cell Block would only use that canteen. Same for all other rooms (shower, laundry etc).

This would allow people to build multiple rooms without the risk of prisoners all trying to flock into the same room and not being able to eat,shower, clean clothes etc.
Same for staff, assign a cook to one cell block kitchen and he won't traipse across the map with ingredients to a separate kitchen.
Rooms should also be able to encompass more than one cell block. For instance a yard could be available for multiple Cell Block prisoners.

This would allow construction of bigger prisons without the problems that they create.

Make sense?
Moerker
level0

Postby Moerker » Thu May 30, 2013 9:18 pm

+1 :)

Would be nice to manage having high risk prisoners and low risk ones.
Augwich
level1
level1

Postby Augwich » Thu May 30, 2013 9:19 pm

There is kind of this already with the "MinSec" and "MaxSec" designations for Cell Blocks, but it's not nearly to the detail you've described and I agree that it should be. This also goes with another topic somewhere about being able to label/organize storage rooms in a similar fashion.

Return to “Community Members”