Alpha 10 out this thursday :)

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

theGu
level0

Postby theGu » Thu May 30, 2013 4:52 pm

GreenGriffin wrote:Know what amazes me? The fact that people like you can't distinguish between an update once a week, and a Twitter comment every other minute. There's a bit of a difference. Nobody asked for an update once an hour 24/7, and we certainly aren't asking for updates about every bowel movement. I know this is hard for the more argumentative among you to believe, but there actually is some middle ground.

And I have news for you, testing an alpha isn't a privilege. They asked for us to take a leap of faith in them and pay them in advance while we play a buggy game, and we did. The least we could get in return is a few sentences once week, using whatever medium tickles them. They tweeted yesterday that an update was coming out today? Congratulations. We've gone weeks being left completely in the dark. I've been in plenty of alphas, including ones for indie titles from small developers, and I've never been left in the dark like this. Not even remotely close.

The bottom line is if we've gone a full month between alphas and we *still* have no idea what they've been working on or what to expect, any reasonable person would agree that communication needs to be vastly improved.

If you can't understand that, then don't even waste your time with a counter post.

Gosh! Finally! Thanks for that.
jaxonhmmnd
level1
level1

Postby jaxonhmmnd » Thu May 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Isn't it funny how every single subject on this board descends, without fail, into an argument.

I'm happy with what we're given and get. Sure some more updates might be nice but I'd prefer for the guys to work on the game.
I kind of view the Alpha purchase as a "Pre-Order Plus"; I've paid in advance for the game but I get to play it while its still being made, I'm happy with that!
GodBlock
level1
level1

Postby GodBlock » Thu May 30, 2013 4:54 pm

jaxonhmmnd wrote:Isn't it funny how every single subject on the internet descends, without fail, into an argument.

There, fixed it for you :)
Hamen
level1
level1

Postby Hamen » Thu May 30, 2013 4:55 pm

I am okay with the surprise unveiling of proudly displayed features. I also agree that testing an alpha is not a privilege.
jaxonhmmnd
level1
level1

Postby jaxonhmmnd » Thu May 30, 2013 4:55 pm

GodBlock wrote:
jaxonhmmnd wrote:Isn't it funny how every single subject on the internet descends, without fail, into an argument.

There, fixed it for you :)

:lol:
wilcomega
level1
level1

Postby wilcomega » Thu May 30, 2013 5:06 pm

i would love to see the autimation part being worked on next :) anyways cant wait for the update
MasterEggplant
level1
level1

Postby MasterEggplant » Thu May 30, 2013 5:13 pm

Well they are not giving us more news about what they are doing for an obvious reason....The main developer is called Chris Delay!

Jokes aside, can't wait for today's update.
Darky
level0

Postby Darky » Thu May 30, 2013 5:14 pm

GreenGriffin wrote:Know what amazes me? The fact that people like you can't distinguish between an update once a week, and a Twitter comment every other minute. There's a bit of a difference. Nobody asked for an update once an hour 24/7, and we certainly aren't asking for updates about every bowel movement. I know this is hard for the more argumentative among you to believe, but there actually is some middle ground.

And I have news for you, testing an alpha isn't a privilege. They asked for us to take a leap of faith in them and pay them in advance while we play a buggy game, and we did. The least we could get in return is a few sentences once week, using whatever medium tickles them. They tweeted yesterday that an update was coming out today? Congratulations. We've gone weeks being left completely in the dark. I've been in plenty of alphas, including ones for indie titles from small developers, and I've never been left in the dark like this. Not even remotely close.

The bottom line is if we've gone a full month between alphas and we *still* have no idea what they've been working on or what to expect, any reasonable person would agree that communication needs to be vastly improved.

If you can't understand that, then don't even waste your time with a counter post.

I honestly completely agree with this post. I cant understand how people will defend a developer who gives no communication?

The whole premise of the increased price was to be "Involved with shaping the game".

How exactly am I doing that ? I feel like this is a kickstarter project. I've paid and now I wait.

I am in no way saying I regret my purchase or that Im not a fan of the game. Im a huge fan, Im also a fan of communication.
jaxonhmmnd
level1
level1

Postby jaxonhmmnd » Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 pm

Pondering whether to even bother trying to fight a corner against those who seem to see no reason... :roll:

Decided it would not be worth the effort.
Djharry.c
level1
level1

Postby Djharry.c » Thu May 30, 2013 5:17 pm

I just looked at steam and now there is a steam work shop page must be close now :D
Darky
level0

Postby Darky » Thu May 30, 2013 5:20 pm

jaxonhmmnd wrote:Pondering whether to even bother trying to fight a corner against those who seem to see no reason... :roll:

I dont think its a case of fighting a corner. I think its more about people posting their view and gaining a consensus though number of posts.

For example, 10 users saying the same thing is more powerful than one person endlessly going on about it.

Although I applaud you for not starting an argument.
jaxonhmmnd
level1
level1

Postby jaxonhmmnd » Thu May 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Darky wrote:
jaxonhmmnd wrote:Pondering whether to even bother trying to fight a corner against those who seem to see no reason... :roll:

I dont think its a case of fighting a corner. I think its more about people posting their view and gaining a consensus though number of posts.

For example, 10 users saying the same thing is more powerful than one person endlessly going on about it.

Although I applaud you for not starting an argument.

Why, thank you. I do like to be applauded; makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :D
Darky
level0

Postby Darky » Thu May 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Your welcome <3 :P
ellbristow
level1
level1

Postby ellbristow » Thu May 30, 2013 5:26 pm

We're running out of Thursday!

/me waits for update!
MacroMetro | Lead Developer
FourWinds
level1
level1

Postby FourWinds » Thu May 30, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm about to leave work. About a 40 minute drive, and a stopover to pick up my wine entitlement. So I have my fingers crossed for an hour from now.

Return to “Community Members”