[Suggestion] Reinforcements

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

CplHenderson
level2
level2

[Suggestion] Reinforcements

Postby CplHenderson » Sat May 25, 2013 2:26 am

I think that guards should automatically call for backup when fighting - call one guard for every prisoner they're battling. Also, it would be nice to have a tool to flood an area with reinforcements to deal with riots - that way, you wouldn't have to send faraway guards one by one.
Spartanxvi
level1
level1

Postby Spartanxvi » Sat May 25, 2013 2:38 am

I've heard chris say in a couple of videos that he wanted to get rid of control of the guards other than us setting up they deployment and walking a route. only control the user is able to exert is with the riot guards, which, are currently not available.
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Sat May 25, 2013 3:58 am

Spartan: If anything, that's a reason for a system like being suggested.

I think there is already something like this in the game. I always feel like when there's a riot guards do come from further than they normally would. It takes a while to really get going and it seems it will only stationed guards that aren't too far away (but un-stationed guards anywhere). I may be misreading more general mechanics, but I have never felt this was really necessary.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:14 am

I'm hoping they make a system out of reinforcements rather than auto assigning. Basically I think it should work like this:

-There are tiers of items guards can use to call for help (some form of wireless radio device or a microphone input in to a PA system).

-Each tier will give a bigger radius around a guard to reach other guards through things like brick or concrete walls and, assuming they add it, weather effects such as lightning storms.

-Without research a guard will simply have to shout and if he's outnumbered will try to run to the nearest guard and/or radio transmitter.

-Prisoners can take down a guard or damage the transmitter a guard is holding or one that is placed on the wall to disable a guards ability to call for help.

-A guard watching events on a CCTV would be a cheap way of notifying the other guards if that guard had access to a PA system or was given a radio of his own though if he used the PA system other prisoners might be inspired by the fact a fellow inmate is resisting or they may have been waiting for a PA announcement as a sort of cue for their part in a larger plan.

-Prisoners could listen through the PA system or a stolen radio from a guard to learn what the guards are doing which will give them advanced notice of anything happening in terms of guard response.
Last edited by christopher1006 on Sat May 25, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
Spartanxvi
level1
level1

Postby Spartanxvi » Sat May 25, 2013 6:06 am

I doubt you read what the OP wrote. he wanted a tool so he could send in a multitude of guards not riot guards which already has a tool like that and has been demonstrated on youtube. Guards aren't supposed to handle riots.
Dudeallen
level0

Postby Dudeallen » Sat May 25, 2013 3:23 pm

christopher1006 wrote:-A guard watching events on a CCTV would be a cheap way of notifying the other guards if that guard had access to a PA system or was given a radio of his own though if he used the PA system other prisoners might be inspired by the fact a fellow inmate is resisting or they may have been waiting for a PA announcement as a sort of cue for their part in a larger plan.

I'd like this good sir! It kinda ruins the atmosphere when a fight breaks out in-front of a CCTV camera and the guard watching it just kinda ignores it.
praguepride
level1
level1

Postby praguepride » Tue May 28, 2013 7:28 pm

In theory guards should have radios and a guard not being mobbed by prisoners should be able to request reinforcements appropriate to the size of the disturbance.
Pugsley
level1
level1

Postby Pugsley » Wed May 29, 2013 4:44 am

Currently when i have an issue that needs a number of guards to respond quickly i zoom way out, drag a big box over most of my prison (I leave certain guards in place at all times) which selects any guards in that area automatically, then i click them to where they need to be. Not the best situation but its a stop gap until they work out some sort of backup system.

Return to “Community Members”