It is almost that time for another Alpha!!!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sat May 25, 2013 5:01 am

An update would be great, but I am still enjoying the last version a lot. It now has a good level of game play in it in Alpha9 to keep me entertained.
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Sat May 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Collic001 wrote:A regularly updated blog for alpha backers would be incredibly interesting to read. I'm not concerned about etas or promised future content, I just want to feel like im watching the game develop more than I currently do. The main reason I brought up the price is because it was set that high because IV wanted people who were genuinely interested in the games development to take part, and currently, I just don't really feel that Involved. As a result, I've ended up participating in and reading the forums less and less.
I totally agree, and I feel the same way. with so little communication, I dont feel that I'm part of anything. For a "developer forum" there do not seem to be much word from the developers. At this point I just check the forum every once in a while to see if a new update is out. (I'm obviously still loving the game!). Project Zomboid has a weekly blog where they talk about what they've done in the past week. Sometimes there are many things, others theyve just been grinding out a memory issue for a week. Regardless it makes people feel involved, and because they also respond on the forums, it feels like a shared experience in a community, rather than just a bunch of fans screaming "are we there yet".
Darky
level0

Postby Darky » Sat May 25, 2013 2:34 pm

LennyLeak wrote:
Collic001 wrote:A regularly updated blog for alpha backers would be incredibly interesting to read. I'm not concerned about etas or promised future content, I just want to feel like im watching the game develop more than I currently do. The main reason I brought up the price is because it was set that high because IV wanted people who were genuinely interested in the games development to take part, and currently, I just don't really feel that Involved. As a result, I've ended up participating in and reading the forums less and less.
I totally agree, and I feel the same way. with so little communication, I dont feel that I'm part of anything. For a "developer forum" there do not seem to be much word from the developers. At this point I just check the forum every once in a while to see if a new update is out. (I'm obviously still loving the game!). Project Zomboid has a weekly blog where they talk about what they've done in the past week. Sometimes there are many things, others theyve just been grinding out a memory issue for a week. Regardless it makes people feel involved, and because they also respond on the forums, it feels like a shared experience in a community, rather than just a bunch of fans screaming "are we there yet".

I completely agree with this. *Claps*
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Sat May 25, 2013 6:09 pm

A weekly, or even once per 2 weeks on a blog would be awesome so we know what's coming, thus getting excited, and heck, a blog gets the game publicity.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sun May 26, 2013 1:27 am

When subversion was still being actively developed there were developer diary blog posts ('It's all in your head'). Something similar with PA would be nice.

The posts are found here:
http://www.introversion.co.uk/blog/archive.php

And they start with this one:
http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introv ... .php?t=566

Still a very interesting read these days.
GreenGriffin
level1
level1

Postby GreenGriffin » Sun May 26, 2013 1:42 am

I don't care what excuses any of you offer up, in this day and age, between websites, forums, Facebook, Twitter, and any number of communication mediums, there's no reason someone can't take 30 seconds to post an update even once a week to the people who took a leap of faith in them and paid for a pre-release product.

No excuse whatsoever.
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Sun May 26, 2013 5:58 am

LennyLeak wrote:

I completely agree also.

And a lot of people seem to. Sadly however in this day and age of the internet purchases, its very hard to get people to actually listen to you, whilst the money is still rolling in. If I mention the fact its going in the direction of Electronic Arts ignoring your consumer, I'm sure that'll peev someone enough to take notice of the community. Hahahaha.
Striket1234
level1
level1

Postby Striket1234 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:03 am

Everyone, I completely agree. I feel like idk anything about the game and what's the future for it. I also feel in the dark about a lot of things. I understand that this is a small company and all but I did pay 30 bucks for this. I saw potential in this and I want to see it grow. It is easier to see it grow when I know more about the actual game. I do feel like the dev look at our post and all but I wish the would just maybe talk to us. Keep us more in with the updates and all.
nedks
level1
level1

Postby nedks » Sun May 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Updates seem to take longer and longer to come out
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:11 pm

nedks wrote:Updates seem to take longer and longer to come out

They said once a month, does the 26th look like the end of the month to you?

We'll see when it comes out, and we'll all love.
Chad
level3
level3

Postby Chad » Sun May 26, 2013 6:28 pm

Striket1234 wrote:Everyone, I completely agree. I feel like idk anything about the game and what's the future for it. I also feel in the dark about a lot of things. I understand that this is a small company and all but I did pay 30 bucks for this. I saw potential in this and I want to see it grow. It is easier to see it grow when I know more about the actual game. I do feel like the dev look at our post and all but I wish the would just maybe talk to us. Keep us more in with the updates and all.

I don't see where the problem is...

1. You will get the game before any real customer, so you can see how the game evolves over time.
2. You paid 30 bucks for the full game, not for anything else. Access to the Alpha/Beta is a free gift to you for your support.
3. See 1.
4. What if the Devs tell you what will be in the next update? Would that change anything for you? In fact: not really. You know what comes next, but you have to wait for the update anyway, so what?!
solid84
level1
level1

Postby solid84 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:32 pm

You people, I never felt the need to post here, but after reading the recent posts I cant hold it back anymore.

Reflect for a second. You want to read more on the development in these forums? This stuff has to be written.
This is time and money that can not be spent on the actual game. It will be time and money spent on your information-needs.
Are you sure you want it so badly? A two man army cant afford for too much PR work. They have to focus their resources on their work.

Plus:
Coders are artists. Do you remember art class at school? The pressure to be creative and to deliver? Of course we have paid, but these guys need their time.
Just be patient, please.
Horia
level0

Postby Horia » Sun May 26, 2013 6:38 pm

solid84 wrote:You people, I never felt the need to post here, but after reading the recent posts I cant hold it back anymore.

Reflect for a second. You want to read more on the development in these forums? This stuff has to be written.
This is time and money that can not be spent on the actual game. It will be time and money spent on your information-needs.
Are you sure you want it so badly? A two man army cant afford for too much PR work. They have to focus their resources on their work.

Plus:
Coders are artists. Do you remember art class at school? The pressure to be creative and to deliver? Of course we have paid, but these guys need their time.
Just be patient, please.

I'd rather them spend less time improving the game and more time communicating with the early-adopter's community. One forum post/blog update a week doesn't cost more than 30 minutes - 1 hour to write up and its benefits are far higher than any other way those 30 minutes - 1 hour would be spent.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:39 pm

solid84 wrote:You people, I never felt the need to post here, but after reading the recent posts I cant hold it back anymore.

Plus:
Just be patient, please.

What, so a keyboard required 50 cents for 5 minutes of writing? How can writing cost fukken money?

I really, don't care if there's 5 minutes spent on informing us, rather than developing. Over a period of a month, what is 5 minutes any way?
Great Magical Hat
level3
level3

Postby Great Magical Hat » Sun May 26, 2013 7:13 pm

I do support the idea of more communication in between updates. However, the money we paid should be left out of this, and this should just be a request from us to them. A request that they can deny if they want, but which is good to let them know about.

Return to “Community Members”