It is almost that time for another Alpha!!!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

jmiller4180
level1
level1

It is almost that time for another Alpha!!!

Postby jmiller4180 » Thu May 23, 2013 9:56 pm

I always get excited when the time starts coming around for another alpha. The last update was fantastic!!! A little buggy/weird but it worked still, and I know things will get ironed out eventually.

Anyone know or hear rumors, or anything about what this udpate may contain?
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Thu May 23, 2013 10:41 pm

That is why I suddenly showed up and started posting like crazy... I've got a long weekend and a new alpha would be really awesome. Basically I'm just hanging out waiting to see if they say anything.
acegamer08
level3
level3

Postby acegamer08 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:41 pm

rumors are just that....the keep things pretty secret.

they said the are planning gangs/cell block seperation/tunnelling out

but again, thats not confirmed...

i wish they would address the dead, maybe a cremation room? ... and speed up the laundry process, buts thats just me.
jmiller4180
level1
level1

Postby jmiller4180 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 pm

how exciting! I imagine almost anything they do will be fun and exciting. Tunneling...!!!
MDKBlack
level0

Postby MDKBlack » Fri May 24, 2013 2:32 am

I want the prisoner pipeline more than anything, with death and rehabilitation being answered.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 am

They once said that they are aiming for monthly releases and have so far managed it. But they also said in that same announcement that we shouldn't hold them to it too much. So for all we know, there might not be another Alpha relase until November. Not likely of course, but I hope I made my point: Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed xD
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:58 am

I've been checking youtube like mad for the latest Alpha vid over the last few days..lol..

I can't wait! Who knows, we may not even get one this month ;)
Collic001
level2
level2

Postby Collic001 » Fri May 24, 2013 11:58 am

Hopefully it will be around now. If theres one thing I wish Introversion would do, its talk to us a little more about the current progress of features and bug squashing. Even just once a fortnight would be a big improvement. Right now the forums are completely dark for months at a time, and the IV twitter often doesn't have anything PA related up there. Even looking at Mantis doesn't help since there are no entries for the alpha 10 changelog up there at all.

We all paid a generous amount to be part of the alpha, and I think the communication on IV's part should be better than it currently is. That's just my opinion, and I think it's perfectly reasonable; lynch away ;)
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Collic001 wrote:Even just once a fortnight would be a big improvement. Right now the forums are completely dark for months at a time, and the IV twitter often doesn't have anything PA related up there. Even looking at Mantis doesn't help since there are no entries for the alpha 10 changelog up there at all.

It would be nice to get a little more chat from the devs. I know there is only 2/3 of them but I think I've only seen 1 post in the last month from them.

You shouldn't bring up the price imo. You chose to pay that, so it's not really a valid point for wanting chat from the devs. :)
Collic001
level2
level2

Postby Collic001 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Ric666 wrote:
Collic001 wrote:Even just once a fortnight would be a big improvement. Right now the forums are completely dark for months at a time, and the IV twitter often doesn't have anything PA related up there. Even looking at Mantis doesn't help since there are no entries for the alpha 10 changelog up there at all.

It would be nice to get a little more chat from the devs. I know there is only 2/3 of them but I think I've only seen 1 post in the last month from them.

You shouldn't bring up the price imo. You chose to pay that, so it's not really a valid point for wanting chat from the devs. :)

You're right, I shouldn't have mentioned the price. I'm still happy to have paid it mainly because I do want to support IV especially after subversion almost finished them. I just find the lack of updates a little frustrating. I would be happy to wait for new content as long as it took, I'd just like to know what they're up to. For me a lot of the value from being a part of alphas like this is seeing the game develop, and feeling I'm a part of the process. They have responded fantasticly to suggestions in the forum in the past, so I know they're listening, but I'd just like a little less of a valve style development approach.

A regularly updated blog for alpha backers would be incredibly interesting to read. I'm not concerned about etas or promised future content, I just want to feel like im watching the game develop more than I currently do. The main reason I brought up the price is because it was set that high because IV wanted people who were genuinely interested in the games development to take part, and currently, I just don't really feel that Involved. As a result, I've ended up participating in and reading the forums less and less.

Again, these are just my personal feelings and I think I've put them politely and reasonably, please don't lynch me for them :)
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri May 24, 2013 1:10 pm

Collic001 wrote:Again, these are just my personal feelings and I think I've put them politely and reasonably, please don't lynch me for them :)

I don't have a habit of lynching people for having opinions about stuff. Especially when they're well constructed.

I agree that a little more chat from them would be great :)
lugaru
level3
level3

Postby lugaru » Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Well it is also a matter that if you are here, then you have an interest in watching games evolve and those little updates are part of your entertainment, together with the game.

That said I'll be happy with a little polish and bug squash update to smoothen the edges of the last (work) one. Then if we get a new object, or the bookcases start working, or a new room type shows up... well that is pure bonus.
Neddleson
level1
level1

Postby Neddleson » Fri May 24, 2013 2:01 pm

yeah around this time i get excited for the next alpha I go mental went I see a new video from introversion in youtube sub box. I think the next feature might be pipelining as that was the second most voted for by the forum, but maybe it might be something completely different.
Phelzier
level0

Postby Phelzier » Fri May 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Waiting with baited breath.......
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri May 24, 2013 2:52 pm

Neddleson wrote:yeah around this time i get excited for the next alpha I go mental went I see a new video from introversion in youtube sub box. I think the next feature might be pipelining as that was the second most voted for by the forum, but maybe it might be something completely different.

They tend to work on what's closer to completion, the poll is for some of the items when Chris is deciding between different features that are all kind of at the same level of completion. I'm hoping for prisoner pipeline and full segregation though, I want as much control as possible before dealing with harder things like riots.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.

Return to “Community Members”