What is the best Laundry basket : worker ratio?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Neddleson
level1
level1

What is the best Laundry basket : worker ratio?

Postby Neddleson » Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 pm

I have exactly 100 prisoners in my current prison since alpha 8 and have 18 laundry workers and about 15 baskets, some people have been saying that it is better to have more baskets, but I've notices it takes up too much of my workers time getting several slow baskets to an area that already has a basket by it, and spare workers only start helping once all of my baskets are in place.

So what would you say is the best ratio to work with?
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Re: What is the best Laundry basket : worker ratio?

Postby HerrJoebob » Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Neddleson wrote:I have exactly 100 prisoners in my current prison since alpha 8 and have 18 laundry workers and about 15 baskets, some people have been saying that it is better to have more baskets, but I've notices it takes up too much of my workers time getting several slow baskets to an area that already has a basket by it, and spare workers only start helping once all of my baskets are in place.

I'm using 1 basket per cell block, but I haven't used it long enough to see if that works long term.
Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Postby Lance_Lake » Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 pm

HerrJoebob wrote:
Neddleson wrote:I have exactly 100 prisoners in my current prison since alpha 8 and have 18 laundry workers and about 15 baskets, some people have been saying that it is better to have more baskets, but I've notices it takes up too much of my workers time getting several slow baskets to an area that already has a basket by it, and spare workers only start helping once all of my baskets are in place.

I'm using 1 basket per cell block, but I haven't used it long enough to see if that works long term.

How big is a "block"?
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Lance_Lake wrote:How big is a "block"?

I meant it in the sense of "building full of cells". In my current prison it's 22 cells per block though.

Return to “Community Members”