How do you put two genartors togher.

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

iacboy
level1
level1

How do you put two genartors togher.

Postby iacboy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:28 pm

So it seems one genarter and like max carparters around it won't work on my prison, I've put another genartot with max carpaters around it too.
wired it up with it
and the whole bit just blew out.
So how does it work.
Guvnor
level2
level2

Postby Guvnor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Power stations may not be wired together. They must be on their own separate networks.
namj13
level2
level2

Postby namj13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Each station is separate, you need to put more capacitors on the 2nd generator and wire the prison with two networks.
--Namj13
Gorhaax
level1
level1

Postby Gorhaax » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:32 pm

How many capacitors can you have for each generator?
HerrJoebob
level4
level4

Postby HerrJoebob » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:43 pm

Gorhaax wrote:How many capacitors can you have for each generator?

16 total, 3 on each side and 1 on each corner.
Gorhaax
level1
level1

Postby Gorhaax » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 pm

So each capacitor has to have one side at least touching the power generator, that would certainly explain some problems wih my prison.
Guvnor
level2
level2

Postby Guvnor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Should probably also mention for the OP that after a power station blowout each and every capacitor (attached to that power station) must be individually switched back on. Not easy to tell their power-states. (Do this before switching the power station itself back on.) See http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=212
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:27 pm

I would just like to state, as an engineering officer, who works on a diesel electric vessel, aka. Generators and all the things that go with it, including capacitors which are used for correcting AVR and thus do give you better power efficiency, in some cases. That you should really be using one network, with multiple generators running in parrelleled operation, I think the game needs to change this.

In reality a large place like a prison, would have a step down transformer from the national grid. Then for the workshop machinery 440v, but then for other things such as lighting, general use and kitchen would all be 115/240v depending on what country you are in. Normally places like factories bother with capacitors, to save them money on electricity and to keep the size / amount of cables and transformers down.

Despite other games making UFO looking things, a diesel generator required for a prison would look something like this...

A nice CGI video of a diesel engine being constructed, skip to 3:30 for the finished product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qDtxtsbp-M
Guvnor
level2
level2

Postby Guvnor » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:41 pm

There were a bunch who were very enthusiastic about this back in October. http://forums.introversion.co.uk/prison ... or&start=0

Although I see that most of those posters are not around any more. Chris eventually posted in a Mantis issue that the current behavior was "by design" which inadvertently or purposefully killed the discussion.

Return to “Community Members”