Disabling Custom Prisoners?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

vegeta897
level0

Disabling Custom Prisoners?

Postby vegeta897 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 am

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but my friend brought up a concern that I did not know the answer to, and I wanted to ask for him.

He asked me if it was possible to play without any of the custom names submitted by purchasers of the 'name in the game' pack.

"I don't want prisoners called "slender man" and prisoners serving sentences for "soliciting dwarves""

Not an unreasonable concern to have. Has there been any word on whether we'll be able to avoid seeing joke names like this in the game? Some people would rather have a more "realistic" experience.

And please note, I'm just posting this to ask a question for my friend that I'm sure other people want to know as well; I personally do not mind seeing all the names and crimes people submitted, so no arguments on the matter are necessary.
Causeless
level2
level2

Postby Causeless » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:23 am

Should probably become an option, I'd say.
Illanair
level3
level3

Postby Illanair » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:38 pm

Names like that shouldn't even make it into the game - There is a screening process. They're not just blindly adding characters.
vegeta897
level0

Postby vegeta897 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm sure he was only exaggerating to demonstrate a point, but the fact remains that there are going to be humorous and silly bios in the game, that perhaps some people don't want to see in a game that can get quite dark and gritty.

Edit: Scratch that, apparently he saw that name in a yogscast video. So I guess they're not too strict on the silly names.
Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Postby Lance_Lake » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Tell him not to go to the name in the game selection of the main menu and select the name he doesn't want in there.

Bam. No custom names.
VoiD88
level5
level5

Postby VoiD88 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:04 pm

Lance_Lake wrote:Tell him not to go to the name in the game selection of the main menu and select the name he doesn't want in there.

Bam. No custom names.

Bam, you're wrong. You'll randomly get prisoners from that list, whether you select them or not. The selecting option is only there for people who want to have a specific prisoner in their jail. Have you even played since they started adding custom names? ;)
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates, it's more like a jar of jalapeños: What you do today might burn your a** tomorrow.
~Garfield
Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Postby Lance_Lake » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:27 pm

VoiD88 wrote:
Lance_Lake wrote:Tell him not to go to the name in the game selection of the main menu and select the name he doesn't want in there.

Bam. No custom names.

Bam, you're wrong. You'll randomly get prisoners from that list, whether you select them or not. The selecting option is only there for people who want to have a specific prisoner in their jail. Have you even played since they started adding custom names? ;)

I have, but I didn't notice the custom names showing up. *shrugs* My bad then.

Return to “Community Members”