Idea for the future, Be the prisoner and try to escape!

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Vigato
level0

Idea for the future, Be the prisoner and try to escape!

Postby Vigato » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Something I thought would be cool especially for when you create the foundation for players to share maps, is to put their prisons to the ultimate test by seeing if players can escape it roleplaying one of the prisoners.

You could host up your map on some sort of interface in the game and have it rateable and rankable in a ladder or leaderboard. That way people can download your map and try to crack it. That way theres more satisfaction from creating a really tough prison because then you can see how well it holds up in the community. AI can only do so much because its limited to its scripts and coding. This could also create a whole new metagame and add some longevity well into the future.

Just an idea, thanks for reading.
Dr_Olaf
level1
level1

Postby Dr_Olaf » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:11 pm

+1
That would be awesome- love to see that.

I also think it wouldn't be too difficult to integrate (from the gameplay perspective, not the coding): Gain control of one prisoner, click somewhere to make him walk there, click to interact with objects (clicking the cooker -> steals a knife; clicking a door -> tries to break it open; click on a guard or inmate -> picks a fight etc)

Your goal is to reach the edege of the map.
syfpsy
level0

Postby syfpsy » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:15 pm

This could be amazing as a multiplayer mode. One or more players can manage a prisoner, trying to blend in (prison master doesn't know which prisoners are controlled by other player/s), trying to rush to the canteen when it is eating time, get a knife, wait for your chance, strike, get the keys, run!

Again, I don't know the coding side, but that would be AMAZING. Probably most amazing type of multiplayer for this game. If you can, please make this a reality.
Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Postby Lance_Lake » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:24 am

Aznsteel
level1
level1

Postby Aznsteel » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am

Lance_Lake wrote:http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=1276

Lance, Please dont post on Mantis unless its a bug. The developers sometimes read the forums but they will instantly close the random "Bug Report"
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 am

Yes I thought this would be a good feature, but would be something to make right at the end, would be much easier to impliment a co-op building, or vs. building multiplayer first, where you build prisons with other people, or against them in the same county, having to hold all the prisoners for the city, for example one person could do max security and the other lower security level prison.
Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Postby Lance_Lake » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:45 am

Aznsteel wrote:

Lance, Please dont post on Mantis unless its a bug. The developers sometimes read the forums but they will instantly close the random "Bug Report"

Neither of mine have been closed.

If they didn't want features to be on there, why do they have that option? :)

It's ok to post feature requests on there as long as you mark it correctly.
Lance_Lake
level1
level1

Postby Lance_Lake » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 am

Aznsteel wrote:

Actually, look at this..

http://bugs.introversion.co.uk/view.php?id=404

Seems they want features in Mantis. If Mark or Chris want to tell me here (or via PM) to stop, I will.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:23 pm

This reminds me of dungeon keeper

Great idea
Dosedmonkey
level3
level3

Postby Dosedmonkey » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Dungeon keeper was great. :lol: You can download it on Good Old Games (gog.com) for cheap now. :wink:
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:42 pm

This reminds me of adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress where you could explore your dungeon. I remember this being talked about awhile ago and I still say this would be a fun little feature to have where you can have yourself versus everything you've set up so far. I guess you'd also need some AI controlling where you normally are so it can respond to events with more guards or doctors, call in riot police, paramedics, and fire fighters. For the most part though you could probably just automate everything yourself before you play as a prisoner.

Another reason this could be fun is for those who got the name-in-game or face-in-game package you could select your very own prisoner to play with.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:31 am

I think there could be some RTS gold in here, like space station 13, where there's the ones building the prison, and the ones trying to tear it down.
With the sincerest regards,
111none
Neddleson
level1
level1

Postby Neddleson » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:08 pm

christopher1006 wrote:This reminds me of adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress where you could explore your dungeon. I remember this being talked about awhile ago and I still say this would be a fun little feature to have where you can have yourself versus everything you've set up so far. I guess you'd also need some AI controlling where you normally are so it can respond to events with more guards or doctors, call in riot police, paramedics, and fire fighters. For the most part though you could probably just automate everything yourself before you play as a prisoner.

Another reason this could be fun is for those who got the name-in-game or face-in-game package you could select your very own prisoner to play with.

Off topic Christopher, but When's the next showing of the PA images for alpha 9 coming out, I do look forward to them :D
FourWinds
level1
level1

Postby FourWinds » Fri May 10, 2013 2:06 pm

+1 for the idea of some play mode to play as a prisoner/the prisoners, and test your (or others) prison.

I'm not much into multi-player, but if ultimately multiplayer made its way into this game it would just have to be Warden Vs Prisoners rather than coop building/managing. I'd make an exception and play multi-player for the giggles that would give.
Aryajmarya
level1
level1

Postby Aryajmarya » Fri May 10, 2013 5:00 pm

I think that 4 person multiplayer would be great. 1 person as the architect, trying to make the best max sec prison he can before the first batch of prisoners arrive, which you and 2 other players are a part of. If dealing with 3 smart prisoners (amongst the AI) trying to escape is hard, you can always start with a lower amount of players. +1 to multiplayer!

Return to “Community Members”