I Am Ready...

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Chewbacado
level2
level2

Postby Chewbacado » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:51 pm

christopher1006 wrote:Digging under a foundation would make sense to take time but how on earth would an above-ground wall have an effect on someone digging a tunnel 4-6 feet below it?

This
When in doubt, you are probably right. The only right person. In fact, you are probably right as of right now!
gpgekko
level1
level1

Postby gpgekko » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 am

It could collapse and fall on the diggers head... :P
Really, I hope we get water (already spotted some in the tileset, but maybe that is just for campaigns). I want to make a deep trench all the way around my prison when the prisoners start digging. :twisted:
Gutworm
level1
level1

Postby Gutworm » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:25 pm

christopher1006 wrote:Digging under a foundation would make sense to take time but how on earth would an above-ground wall have an effect on someone digging a tunnel 4-6 feet below it?

That would take alot of effort for a Prisoner to dig that far down.
xMs
level3
level3

Postby xMs » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:26 pm

It'll be somewhat underground, you don't just place walls on dirt and expect them to stand do you?
BL4DE
level2
level2

Postby BL4DE » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:38 pm

gpgekko wrote:It could collapse and fall on the diggers head... :P
Really, I hope we get water (already spotted some in the tileset, but maybe that is just for campaigns). I want to make a deep trench all the way around my prison when the prisoners start digging. :twisted:

Drown that bastards :twisted:
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:03 am

xMs wrote:

It'll be somewhat underground, you don't just place walls on dirt and expect them to stand do you?

I don't expect it to go that far down, yes there's usually a foundation for a wall but these don't appear to be exceedingly tall and therefore don't require a deep foundation to give support.

@Gutworm Prisoners have more than enough time to dig so they aren't just going to screw it up by having a tunnel two feet below the surface where a poor workman carrying a cooker could fall in on them or a guard capable of hearing may notice the scraping sounds of a tunnel being dug.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
vulgarman
level1
level1

Postby vulgarman » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:31 am

Many prisons walls go really deep into the ground, even the chain-link fence walls of the prisons here in the US. It's not about support, it's about stopping tunnels.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/18/world/ame ... rison-riot

Tunnel 10 feet deep, neat article.

Return to “Community Members”