Sports for the yard

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

machineofadream
level0

Sports for the yard

Postby machineofadream » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:22 am

I saw in the compliation sticky a thing about basketball courts. I think the yard should be capable of having a myriad of sports. Baseball and basketball would definitely be the most likely, but even just some footballs to play catch with could work. If you did implement team sports, perhaps you could have the option to have teams based on cell blocks. So Call Block A would be one team, Cell Block B another. By organizing this, you could reduce the incidence of fighting within a cell block, since the prisoners would feel camaraderie. The downside could be that, if mixed, prisoners from different cell blocks might be more likely to fight.

Either way, we definitely need sports in the game, since this is so much a part of many prisons.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:19 pm

Not to mention I want to see 5 min sec prisoners gang up on a high sec prisoner and beat him with some good ol' fashioned baseball bats.
Thorwan
level1
level1

Postby Thorwan » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm

While I like the idea, this is probably beyond the scope of the game. Adding a system that actually simulates team sports, even on a very basic level, would need a lot of additional programming.
puschie
level1
level1

Postby puschie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:37 pm

can you make a list with sports that could be done in the yard ?
best with description of what is need for doing this sport, what does it affect( attributes ) and how many persons can do this at the same time with one needed object.
This would make it a lot easier to implement this
Collic001
level2
level2

Postby Collic001 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 am

We already have pool tables (though they don't really seem to work as they should, or have any animations), so I don't see why we coudn't have some sport activities.

Quite honestly, I think this should more be in the line of a few prisoners crowding around a basketball hoop rather than simulated team games. As others have said, I just think it's beyond the scope of the game, and I wouldn't want all that time poured into something like that when it could be better spent adding more meaningful features.
puschie
level1
level1

Postby puschie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:56 am

do you have more interesstings idears ?^^ Yes at the currently game state they should use the time not for adding sport to the yard^^ but to think about it and add it to a feature list, can be done at all the time. Idears dont be bad over time, so why not now ^^
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:10 am

I liek where it's going but why not have it so that prisons can join the prison baseball team. They could spend yard time practicing which would fulfill recreation and excercise of course.

You could have workers (or guards) bring out baseballs and baseball bats to the yard during yard time which the team would practice with. It wouldn't really have to be a big thing, they could just wander around holding the items. Perhaps later on you could add in, say, a coach or something who would help the team.

Then randomly, you could get a notice saying there's a prison baseball competition going on and you can send your baseball team to go compete, this would send the team members out of the prison (on a couple trucks) along with a couple guards to supervise. Then, based on your teams experience, practice, and a bit of random chance your team can bring home a prize if they win.

However, your prisoners would get kicked off the team if they break any serious rules (injury, destruction etc)

Return to “Community Members”