What should we focus on next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Which area of the game should we focus on next?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:34 pm

New prison facilities, Prisoner employment etc
38%
Threats, Dangerous objects, Contraband
7%
Prisoner Pipeline eg arrival, regular review, parole
26%
Guard equipment + progression
8%
Full segregation support
12%
Riots, Escapes
9%

Total votes: 285
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 am

Full list of lua functions for modding and ability to put grants in campaigns please.

Also, that laser thing.
laser50
level2
level2

Postby laser50 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Damn it, I did not know of this vote until now.. I would've gone for the second option.
Spacedad
level1
level1

Postby Spacedad » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:12 pm

I want the basic longer-term "economy" of the game to start working a bit more. Right now you only have a limited amount of basic grants, and your 'prisoner intake' is fixed and determined by how you manually set the type and when you can take in prisoners. The amount of daily money you get for the amount of prisoners you have is also extremely tiny - which I presume would be mostly okay assuming the game is meant to have a lot of grants and even re-useable grants that come up in cycles.

Basically I want the first ground to be broken on creating the 'endgame' of playing the basic game - where you have an array of grants for different things, and can maybe even re-use certain grants on timers. Also where the prisoner intake is more thought out.

Also - for longer-term cosmetic stuff, I hope we get to run women's prisons. I could even see there being gimmick prisoners with prisoner reskins. (Such as a prison for supervillians or space aliens.)
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:54 am

Full list of lua functions for modding and ability to put grants in campaigns please.

Double plus good.
Lovhaugp
level0

Postby Lovhaugp » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 am

So I know that we have voted on what we would like to see next and I think that this would fit in perfectly with our top percentage!

I would love to see a guard/staff break room! A room where staff could take a seat and relax instead of looking out and taking care of prisoners all day long. I mean lets face it, every prison has one! So I would definitely like to see some love being shown to those guards who get the crap beat out of them sometimes for the sake of keeping everyone in line! For all I know, I couldn't make my prison possible without them! :wink:

What do you guys think? How could this work? Would stamina of guards come into play? Lets hear those thoughts!
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:41 am

Personally I'd like to see the following:
1. When you hire a staffer, you hire them for day shift or night shift, with the night shift obviously costing more for overtime.
2. Hired staff appear on the next bus, not just magically out of thin-air.
3. Staff rostered as day shift arrive in the morning and leave at the end of the day.
4. Night shift staff (fewer needed obviously) arrive at the end of day and leave in the morning.
5. Each staff member has to have a 30min-1 hour break during the day. I don't think the player should be involved in this scheduling. I think I staff member should just decide to take their break when they 'want' to, where 'want' is dependent on:

a. How long they've been without a break
b. Whether there will be sufficient staffers to cover their break.
c. Is the prison currently on fire or full of blood?
CookieRocks
level0

Postby CookieRocks » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:02 pm

Prisoner Pipeline for me! I'd like to be able to get them rehabbed and then out.
qwertaz899
level0

Postby qwertaz899 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Kinda irrelevant, but I think they should add a mode where everything is free and you choose when prisoners arrive. Then you can build huge awesome looking prisoners you can share perhaps through the Steam Community Workshop.
paktsardines
level5
level5

Postby paktsardines » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:01 am

Pretty sure you can already do that by turning of continuous intake and editing your savegame to boost your finances..

Under continuous intake prisoners don't start arriving until you've zoned them cells, so do the cell zoning as the final step. Step one is to build your prison behemoth.
JackTheJackal
level0

Postby JackTheJackal » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:17 am

paktsardines wrote:Pretty sure you can already do that by turning of continuous intake and editing your savegame to boost your finances..

Under continuous intake prisoners don't start arriving until you've zoned them cells, so do the cell zoning as the final step. Step one is to build your prison behemoth.

unfortnaly the continuous intake optioon have bin bugede since Alpha 6 and aint working no matter if you have it on or off you will allways get 8 prisoners only by deselting all three grupes low mid and hige threth preisoners you get none. and the way it shod Work that it only give ya prisoners when you shode have room for them and only that number dont Work unfortnaly :(
gravyleaves
level0

multiple floors

Postby gravyleaves » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:28 am

I want to have a 5-story mega-prison with rooftop yards. Prisoners committing suicide if the roofs aren't fenced (and in other ways)

Multiple stories makes sense for higher walls, guard towers, and of course digging for escapes
Highwang
level0

Postby Highwang » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:31 am

Why isn't "More Grants" an option? Seems like you can't gain more money quickly outside of the initial grants and that really stymies prison growth past day 5. That would probably be something great to see along with the mid-game option.

Also, Multi-floors would also be a neat addition. Get a prison dystopian sprawl.
BlessPL
level0

Postby BlessPL » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:31 am

I would love to see all of proposed new features :) As for now, I'm voting for prisoner pipeline!
Citizen
level2
level2

Postby Citizen » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:29 pm

paktsardines wrote:Personally I'd like to see the following:
1. When you hire a staffer, you hire them for day shift or night shift, with the night shift obviously costing more for overtime.

The night shift is the night shift and the day shift is the day shift. They are seperate. Once shift doesn't work all day and night, so why would they earn overtime?
dr_mibbles
level1
level1

Re: multiple floors

Postby dr_mibbles » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:36 pm

gravyleaves wrote:I want to have a 5-story mega-prison with rooftop yards. Prisoners committing suicide if the roofs aren't fenced (and in other ways)

Multiple stories makes sense for higher walls, guard towers, and of course digging for escapes

firstly, i love all the suggestions for improvement in the OP

secondly, this multi-story idea is horrible - how would it even work from a UI perspective? moving up and down floors manually? you'd lose track of what was happening and it would add UI complexity for no obvious benefit (indeed, it would harm the ability to zoom out and 'take in' a strategic overview of exactly what was happening in the whole prison)... one of the best things about this game is the clean, simple way the prison is represented graphically, multi-storey prisons would ruin that... for anyone who's ever played UFO: Enemy Unknown will remember exactly how annoying those large multi-storey UFO's were

Return to “Community Members”