What should we focus on next?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

Which area of the game should we focus on next?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:34 pm

New prison facilities, Prisoner employment etc
38%
Threats, Dangerous objects, Contraband
7%
Prisoner Pipeline eg arrival, regular review, parole
26%
Guard equipment + progression
8%
Full segregation support
12%
Riots, Escapes
9%

Total votes: 285
Collic001
level2
level2

Postby Collic001 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:17 am

Seeing this list makes me very happy. All of the above are popular suggestions on this board and I would be happy to see progress in whichever area you focus on first. I voted for riots and escape tunnels, simply because I love chaos.
BloonerNL
level0

Postby BloonerNL » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:59 am

From a programming rather than a gameplay perspective, you'd want to get more of the core base features done before expanding the periphery features to add variety and fluff.
So I'd think getting a good foundation for the AI would be paramount right now, which is why I voted for Threats, Dangerous objects, Contraband.
Not because of me wanting to see those specific things in-game, but rather because of the implicit amount of AI development work that would underline that.

Thanks for Alpha-8, and for being so transparent about the development process to the point of showing pictures of your notebook.
Not to mention gauging your customers needs. Excellent work both of you!
Gridian
level0

Postby Gridian » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:32 am

My vote goes to Prisoner pipelines as well. This would give the game the life it deserves: in mid- and later game prisoners come and go, the population would become managable. Next up would be new rooms (all of which are awesome) and the rest right after that.

Alpha 8 is fantastic! Thoes staff doors change things drastically. Great idea :-)

Thank you for this great game. I have already had many hours of fun, even though the game is still in a very early stage. Also, congratulations on Steam! I hope that that will give you a nice influx of players.
DHKold
level1
level1

Postby DHKold » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 am

I'll go for Prisoner Pipeline, mainly because it will bring more variation over time into the game with prisoners being released and others coming in.

For what that matter, here is my ranking:

1. Prisoner Pipeline
2. New prison facilities
3. Threats, Dangerous objects, Contraband
4. Full segregation support
5. Guard equipment + progression
6. Riots, Escapes

:)
christhekiller
level3
level3

Postby christhekiller » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:22 pm

I want some new prison facilities and new ways to make money. Currently the best thing to do mid-to-late game is build new cell blocks and expand on facilities
Ric666
level3
level3

Postby Ric666 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:46 pm

A proper use for workshops would be nice. eg: they have to be staffed by prisoners to make money.
Anymore features/fixes are always welcome :)
Fidelius
level0

Postby Fidelius » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:09 pm

I am all about new facilites, I think new options for rooms is the best mid-game feature, easiest to introduce compared to the rest and will get the Alpha alive some time while making the rest of more complex features.
Urigella
level1
level1

Postby Urigella » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:39 pm

Fidelius wrote:I am all about new facilites, I think new options for rooms is the best mid-game feature, easiest to introduce compared to the rest and will get the Alpha alive some time while making the rest of more complex features.

Same for me. I like the idea of facilities for staff also. Staff rooms etc with recreational options. There are also obviously a whole world of options that can be added for our little prisoner friends :twisted:
Do unto others as they do unto you.
Person012345
level2
level2

Postby Person012345 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:40 pm

Mas Tnega wrote:Segregation support. You've got different security level inmates, you're meant to keep them apart. It would be nice to be able actually achieve that.

Other features honestly sound cooler but this is the one that seems the most urgent to me.

I agree with this.
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:35 pm

I think they all sound nice, and I'm looking very much forward to new features, however I feel some of the unfinished features are keeping the game from being all that fun to play. I think the 'staff-only' zones should be a priority to get fixed, so they are not all powerfull, and I think the sector-mechanic needs to be expanded to make sense..
Lokaror
level0

Postby Lokaror » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:04 pm

In addition to the new facilities which i voted for, id like if i could get my prisoners to do some labor. cooking, cleaning ect, mainly cleaning as right now the cleaning staff just aren't worth it to me.
Azarath
level2
level2

Postby Azarath » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:42 am

Personally I'd see prisoner pipeline being the best one next. The cycling of prisoners will bring more depth and clarity to the other options, fresh inmates with long sentences being more willing to risk punishment for stealing weapons and violence etc than a prisoner shortly up for parole or release. Cycling can also affect the full zone classification as well, as someone might want to start off with a small lowsec prison, and as time goes by and prisoners come and go, slowly build up to a supermax situation.
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:30 am

i disagree.the pipeline is influenced by their stay. and you need rehab to try and change them.
With the sincerest regards,
111none
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:12 am

111none wrote:i disagree.the pipeline is influenced by their stay. and you need rehab to try and change them.

Here's hoping that there's a chance of rehab failing so you can get those prisoners returning and watch their mounting list on the rap sheet.
fidelio
level2
level2

Postby fidelio » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:57 am

for New prison facilities, Prisoner employment etc ... if you've not seen this website, it should be a real eye opener as to the modern state of prisoner employment as run by the united states department of justice.

http://www.unicor.gov

the prisoner staffed call center seems a good fit for the game for starters.

Return to “Community Members”