Staff only Zones to powerful?

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

jlevous
level1
level1

Staff only Zones to powerful?

Postby jlevous » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:48 am

Perhaps the staff only zones available from the deployment menu are to powerful.

I currently have 180 maxsec prisoners housed with no locked doors in alpha7.

Specifically, the only doors in my prison are standard wooden doors (ie can be opened by anyone).

The only thing separating my prisoners from freedom is a staff only zone.

In fact, the only reason that I have any guards is to dispel the fog-of-war...
Mas Tnega
level5
level5

Postby Mas Tnega » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:47 am

They are completely overpowered, they have been since they were available and Chris knew to tell us that from the outset.
bluestrike15
level1
level1

Postby bluestrike15 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:38 am

The last ingredient needed is that the prisoners need to be fighting to escape. If they are doing their time and following the regimen then they wont go threw that staff only area.
=P
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Yeah, I'm sure that'll get tweaked.

It only needs to be something like 4or5 +'s in the 'needs' section and the prisoner could be motivated to ignore it.

They'd beat down the door of the kitchen then if you didn't feed them enough
111none
level4
level4

Postby 111none » Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:46 am

We need to add this like gray area, because you cant define these zones that clearly, so prisoners can misbehave and not get caught.
With the sincerest regards,
111none
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 am

Yeah, I really hope this get fixed soon. For me personally this kind of kills the fun.
Toast_Burner
level1
level1

Postby Toast_Burner » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:03 pm

The way it should work is that the guards prevent prisoners from going in those zones rather than prisoners simply never wanting to go in there. So if you have a staff only zone but nobody there to guard it then the prisoners would be able to get in. If a guard see's someone in there he will try to apprehend them and take them back to their cell.
ssaavedra
level1
level1

Postby ssaavedra » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Toast_Burner wrote:The way it should work is that the guards prevent prisoners from going in those zones rather than prisoners simply never wanting to go in there. So if you have a staff only zone but nobody there to guard it then the prisoners would be able to get in. If a guard see's someone in there he will try to apprehend them and take them back to their cell.

I dont think they should systematically try to enter that zones. They should want to go in there if there was any reason for them, just as caveatgez says, like they are hungry and they want to go directly to the kitchen, maybe kill a cook, and grab the ingredients himself.
Nat3ski
level1
level1

Postby Nat3ski » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Perhaps we could tie thier willingness to enter a restricted zone to thier "freedom" needs or add a hidden character trait like "bravery" for example. Certain events could lower the threshold for breaking the rules, e.g. if a large enough fight breaks out some otherwise timid, obedient prisoners may take the chance to make a break for it.

Of course ideally,for the game, you would always have some bad eggs who simply dont care about your staff only zones and will wander into them any chance they get aswell as those that will NEVER do so and everything inbetween these two extremes.

I think "Toast_Burner" made a great point where no guards actively guarding a staff only zone would be another catalyst for mischief.

Return to “Community Members”