[suggestion] Prisoner behavior records

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

SpeedDaemon
level0

[suggestion] Prisoner behavior records

Postby SpeedDaemon » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Now that we can assign risk levels to prisoners, some way of tracking their behavior would be nice.

My idea would be to modify the Prisoner report page:
Move the intake on/off buttons to the top, along with the current/capacity numbers for each tier.

Change the list of prisoners, so that at the start of the game, you just get a list with their picture and name.
After you hire a chief of security, it would add gang affiliation (once/if that's added), time since last misbehavior, a dropdown to change their security level, and a bar similar to the needs graph that shows the number and severity of past transgressions. The bar would be nested yellow/orage/red bar graphs showing the number of each type of misbehavior (yellow = spitting on a guard or contraband, orange = destruction of property or weapons possession, red = causing injury or death). Probably only needs to go up to 10 or so, because if it gets that high, you really don't need to know more. :)

This would really help with figuring out who needs to go where.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Yes to showing how many prisoners of each type you can hold, I've been thinking about that for awhile actually. I like the idea of the Chief of Security unlocking extra details about transgressions though I'd like that graph to at least have the option for a chart that shows how many of what did they do with a second part that has that but within the last 1-2 days.
Yes, that is a penguin with rabies. Deal with it.
SpeedDaemon
level0

Postby SpeedDaemon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 am

A detailed history of a prisoner's misdeeds would probably belong on their character sheet, not the prisoner list. The graph on the prisoner list would be to allow you to quickly scan down the list and make sure all of your prisoners are in the correct security setting and provide a convenient way to put them there.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:15 am

My bad, the way I was reading it I thought you were wanting a graph for each prisoner on the rap sheet. Yeah if we could have a graph for the entire population and then break it down into the prisoner classifications to see what's the overall situation that would be useful.
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:47 pm

as was mentioned before, some way to tag a cell with a prisoner name would also be useful as you could search (shake down)? for contraband, tunnels, WMD etc.

When cell searches and WMDs are introduced, of course
SpeedDaemon
level0

Postby SpeedDaemon » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm

christopher1006 wrote:My bad, the way I was reading it I thought you were wanting a graph for each prisoner on the rap sheet. Yeah if we could have a graph for the entire population and then break it down into the prisoner classifications to see what's the overall situation that would be useful.

I do mean a separate graph for each prisoner...

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Colors correspond to minor, moderate, and serious misconduct. A "full" bar could probably represent 5-10 incidents.
Before you hire a chief of security, the prisoners page could just look like it does now.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:09 am

While that would work well with small numbers you might get a bit of a long listing if each prisoner occupies a row and you have some 300 prisoners to sift through. If there was an option to expand or reduce that graph and a name search option so you could filter people out then I think this could help instead of trying to remember 'the brown haired one did something a couple days ago'.
LennyLeak
level2
level2

Postby LennyLeak » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:09 am

SpeedDaemon wrote:I do mean a separate graph for each prisoner...

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Colors correspond to minor, moderate, and serious misconduct. A "full" bar could probably represent 5-10 incidents.
Before you hire a chief of security, the prisoners page could just look like it does now.
I like this. I have been hoping for something like this for a long time. I would really like to see what exactly they have done, but this approach seems much easier to implement and very intuitive to use. thumbs up!

I also really like the idea of being able to see who is in which cell. Names on mouseover or something would be cool I think.
ChaserGrey
level1
level1

Postby ChaserGrey » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:14 am

christopher1006 wrote:While that would work well with small numbers you might get a bit of a long listing if each prisoner occupies a row and you have some 300 prisoners to sift through. If there was an option to expand or reduce that graph and a name search option so you could filter people out then I think this could help instead of trying to remember 'the brown haired one did something a couple days ago'.

How about approaching it from the other angle? Have an incidents log you can go back over. Wouldn't have to be much- elapsed time, name(s) of perps, name(s) of victims if any, and the offense. Ideally filterable based on elapsed time and severity of the offense. I'd have categories for Contraband, Assault, Escape, and Murder.
christopher1006
level5
level5

Postby christopher1006 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:28 pm

ChaserGrey wrote:
christopher1006 wrote:While that would work well with small numbers you might get a bit of a long listing if each prisoner occupies a row and you have some 300 prisoners to sift through. If there was an option to expand or reduce that graph and a name search option so you could filter people out then I think this could help instead of trying to remember 'the brown haired one did something a couple days ago'.

How about approaching it from the other angle? Have an incidents log you can go back over. Wouldn't have to be much- elapsed time, name(s) of perps, name(s) of victims if any, and the offense. Ideally filterable based on elapsed time and severity of the offense. I'd have categories for Contraband, Assault, Escape, and Murder.

+1

Return to “Community Members”