Various things

(previously 'DEVELOPER') Private forum for registered community members. To register, please visit www.prison-architect.com/register.

Moderator: NBJeff

sinclajs
level0

Various things

Postby sinclajs » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:55 am

More room choice.

-Visitor centre
-Booking in room
-Search rooms
-Staff rooms

Individual skills for staff and prisoners.

-Each person could have their own attributes such as strength, speed, temper, work ethic..
-Staff could earn different wages, depending on their skills.
-Staff should have a shift pattern which can be user defined. Like the regime.
-Gang v gang
-Vulnerable prisoners who need closer watching. Suicide watch??
-Prisoners assigned to specific cells, cell gets marked with in mates name
Parker22
level2
level2

Postby Parker22 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 am

Cells with the prisoners name on mouse over would be useful. I have a tricky time working out which cells are empty or occupied.

Like the others too, logical steps
TheKazz
level0

Postby TheKazz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

+1 to all except gangs. I know, I know gangs are a part of prison life in the real world and there is really no way around that but I feel like adding them here is taking it just a hair to far.
Disc10
level1
level1

Postby Disc10 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:12 pm

... why?
TheKazz
level0

Postby TheKazz » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:20 pm

The same reason why there shoun't be prisoners butt raping each other in the shower. That is a part of prison life too but it doesn't belong in a video game and you need to draw the line some where.
Disc10
level1
level1

Postby Disc10 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:37 am

You know, I can understand the rape issue being HIGHLY touchy, and one they may avoid. Even if they are going for a grim look at prison life, like Defcon was to nuclear warfare (as. they. have. said. repeatedly.)

What is the damned difference however between a bunch of prisoners beating each other up, and a bunch of prisoners beating each other up who happen to have backup from some buddies? No seriously, what is the difference?
Nevermind the frankly stupid idea that games must be treated differently because games, this is just nonsensical offence over... I don't even know! And you know what, screw it, I'm stepping away from these forums. The downright bizzare attitudes on display here boggle the mind, and honestly I'm just gonna end up REALLY going off on one over it. (I'll leave that for tumblr, where people can ignore it in peace!):P
Dodgy_Georgy
level0

Postby Dodgy_Georgy » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:49 pm

How about a more casual/comic approach to the entire gang thing?

If you think about the people who got names in the game the last thing they want to see themselves do is join some Nazi or Latin prison gang.

There could be comic gangs like "the geeks" (prisoners who are in prison for some computer related crimes), "the danger pack" (serial killers) etc.

There is usually also a gang leader, that could be something to play with.
jlevous
level1
level1

Postby jlevous » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:51 pm

Dodgy_Georgy wrote:How about a more casual/comic approach to the entire gang thing?

If you think about the people who got names in the game the last thing they want to see themselves do is join some Nazi or Latin prison gang.

There could be comic gangs like "the geeks" (prisoners who are in prison for some computer related crimes), "the danger pack" (serial killers) etc.

There is usually also a gang leader, that could be something to play with.

Sign me up for the "Dazed & Confused" (Is this the train to Wembley?) gang...

Return to “Community Members”